Illinois-Missouri

mnboiler

Resident Purdue Expert
Reaction score
Looks like the Illini are going to lose to Mizzou. This is a tough lass for Bruce Weber and co. If anyone caught the last minute + the ref's took the game out of the players hand with the intentional foul call.

While, I think it was the correct call, the ref's decided the game instead of the player's and coaches. And I have a hard time with that.

Does any one who watched it have an opinion on this either way?

It was a tough call either way, there was really no attempt at the ball by Tisdale. Especially tough in the last minute. That was a fun game to watch though.

Stupid play by Tisdale....why even try and foul the guy? I agree that it's a tough call either way, but as a player don't put the ref in the situation where he can make that call. Just play smart.

Looks like the Illini are going to lose to Mizzou. This is a tough lass for Bruce Weber and co. If anyone caught the last minute + the ref's took the game out of the players hand with the intentional foul call.

While, I think it was the correct call, the ref's decided the game instead of the player's and coaches. And I have a hard time with that.

Does any one who watched it have an opinion on this either way?

Tisdale should have let the guy score. Instead he reached out causing the foul and pretty much sealed the win for Mizzou.

It looked like an intentional foul, but anyone who's watched Tisdale play knows it was just bad posture. Should/could have been OT--good even game up to that point. How 'bout those Mizzou FTs? Gophers should watch that game tape several times.

Poor defense by Illini - it was an itentional foul - should have let him score without pushing the guy!

Was a disappointing way to end an exciting game. Seemed as though Tisdale was running hard to try to get there for a block, realized he couldn't and then stumbled clumsily as he tends to when he tried to pull up. Probably a stretch I suppose but I was just disappointed to see it end that way.

I love it when Illinois loses every single time. They are just so unbelievably overrated by ESPN it's just pathetic.

And seriously, Demetri McCamey is not a good player. There, someone finally had to come out and say it.

Mike Tisdale is essentially Shawn Bradley with a perimeter game. Mbakwe and Colt are going to punch him right in his awkward white guy mouth come B10 season time.

A push in the middle of the back while the player is in the air to send him out-of-bounds probably leaves no choice for the referee. The referee can't wait to see if the push is going to hurt the player. Unfortunate that it ended that way...but very dumb by Tisdale.

Agreed, just a dumb play....great game though, back n forth at the end with crowd split half and half. When was the last time you saw a team score 8 points in 8 seconds? It would be fun if the gophs had a neutral court non-conference rivalry like that...Iowa State is the only possibility that comes to mind...but where to play? Albert Lea or something...

Top Bottom