Marcus tweet: Rodney, Devoe and some freshmen had lot of academic things going on

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"The one surprising thing Tubby said was Rodney, Devoe and some freshmen had lot of academic things going on. He hopes they took care of it."

Go Gophers!!

I saw that. Please no more off-court drama boys. :confused:

Myron tweet:

"Tubby Smith said he hopes players learned lesson from Al Nolen's academic challenges last season. Says Rodney, Devoe, others had alot to do."

Go Gophers!!

Emoticons fail me.

I am flabbergasted.

Children, children, children. If you do not go to class and do your home work you do not get to play with the ball.

Pretty simple concept.

:confused:

When will the drama end?

Cant Clem give Tubby his tutors number, I heard she does great work ;)

"The one surprising thing Tubby said was Rodney, Devoe and some freshmen had lot of academic things going on. He hopes they took care of it."

Go Gophers!!

He HOPES they took care of it? SMDH

If Clem was held responsible for the academic health of his team, why not Tubby? Seriously, it's part of the job according to the NCAA.

What a bunch of morons...you get a syllabus at the beginning of class, you know what you have to do and when it is due...you have all the tutors you need to help make sure your homework is done at a reasonable level to pass...i don't get it

Cant Clem give Tubby his tutors number, I heard she does great work ;)

Because Jan Gangelhoff is dead. RIP

How lazy can these guys be. I have a hard time believing their coursework is very rigorous. I don't see Rodney or Devoe being pre-med or in the Carlson School. Totally irresponsible to themselves and their team. I hope they have their act together now. Tubby can only hold their hands so much. These guys need to be accountable to themselves for once. Being a student-athlete is hard. I get it. I was once one at the U, but if you learn good time management there shouldn't be a problem or any suprises at semester time. Come on boys, you have a potential really good team to play for!

There should be ZERO surprises at this point in the semester. Multiple players having issues going in to (past?) finals and Tubby "hopes" they are taking care of it? I can't think of any reason why a team like the Gophers, who have hardly traveled, would have academic issues going on right now unless their system of academic "guidance" is totally broken. If this is true, it's on Tubby as much as anyone else.

Is college really that hard? Even when hungover, I still managed to get work done.

Go Gophers!!

I listened to Tubby's interview and he simply said they have a lot of work to do. When I went to school I had a lot of work to do too. He also stated, when asked, that he hopes that they all learned from what happended to Al last earlier this year.

I do not think that there is any reason to be concerned at this point.

I listened to Tubby's interview and he simply said they have a lot of work to do. When I went to school I had a lot of work to do too. He also stated, when asked, that he hopes that they all learned from what happended to Al last earlier this year.

I agree. I hope this is just a preemptive strike by Tubby, though it would seem like it's a little late for that.

It's also Twitter and you only get 140 characters, so you have to drop letters every now and then

...right, and by "academic things" he just meant the normal classwork, tests and such.

Top Bottom