Tubby on with Sid - Sun AM

rrjackIII

Reaction score
Tubby said they miss Nolen as one of the best on-ball defenders he has coached.

He said the Gophers miss Damian Johnson & Lawrence Westbrook from last year who provided much of that defensive ball pressure last year. He is counting on Rodney to step it up. Also Mbakwe and of course Nolen when he gets back.

ALSO Tubby said that they will become a GREAT Free throw shooting team.

Tubby said they miss Nolen as one of the best on-ball defenders he has coached.

He said the Gophers miss Damian Johnson & Lawrence Westbrook from last year who provided much of that defensive ball pressure last year. He is counting on Rodney to step it up. Also Mbakwe and of course Nolen when he gets back.

ALSO Tubby said that they will become a GREAT Free throw shooting team.

What?! But I thought that Gopherhole already decided that Westbrook was the worst player ever to wear the Gopher uniform and that a one-legged midget would have been better than him! Tubby must have been thinking of someone else...

What?! But I thought that Gopherhole already decided that Westbrook was the worst player ever to wear the Gopher uniform and that a one-legged midget would have been better than him! Tubby must have been thinking of someone else...

One legged midget????? Holy Jesus Martha (or Holy Allah Martha), how dare you say that my one leg is a midget? We have never even met yet!!!!!

I must have been hibernating when g'hole decided that. I don't think I ever heard anyone say he was a bad player.

of course he wasn't a bad player, however he was a disruptive player who frequently prvented the team from ever gelling as a unit which it seems they are doing this year

He also pretty much won us a game at Madison, which almost never happens

Westbrook has always gotten more heat than praise on this board IMO

Deservedly so...he was a player who had nice skills but preferred to think he was always the best player on the floor and played a very selfish style. At his best, he could win a game or two with his skills. At his worst, he would cost you a few games and lead to alot of turnmoil on the team. Overall a decent player but not any more than that.

I think you meant:

Little person. A one legged little person.

Anyway, some people suggested that losing Westbrook was addition by subtraction, a cliche I don't care for. Westbrook had an attitude problem, which obviously affected the team at times. That is why he and Nolen got in a fight in Anaheim and had to sit out for half a game. That being said, Westbrook was a cluth shooter and had big time intensity, he is missed.

When Nolen was ineligible last year it was Westbrook that filled his shoes on the defensive end of the court. With Nolen out this year they don't have anybody that can do that.

Westbrook was an aggressive defensive player, sometimes it was good aggressive, but sometimes he mugged the guy in open court where it was obvious to everyone in the gym, so he couldn't get sway with it. He did not handle it well when Tubby had to get on him to be smart aggressive.

Top Bottom