Paul Carter and UIC Down Illinois

It would have be great to have Paul Carter's abilities and character on our team again this year. He is a class act and would be a benefit to any team. It was great to see him again.

Great to see PC enjoy this well deserved win. He pulls the best from his team.

Great to see PC enjoy this well deserved win. He pulls the best from his team.

He certainly did for us last season. The season went on an upward swing ever since the team shaved their heads for Paul Carter's sister, beginning with Minnesota's third straight win against Wisconsin.

Precursor: I know I will get burned for this. I love Paul Carter, class act. What he did, transferring to be close to his sister, is one of the most impressive things I've seen an athlete do. I also have zero respect for Royce White, and am glad the he is not on this Gopher team.

But is Paul Carter still on this team? I see people get ripped apart for posting updates on Royce, "He's not on this team, move on." What about Paul?

Again, I respect the hell out of PC, and wish we still had him (while feeling the opposite way about RW). I guess all I'm asking for is a little consistency.

Burn away.

Precursor: I know I will get burned for this. I love Paul Carter, class act. What he did, transferring to be close to his sister, is one of the most impressive things I've seen an athlete do. I also have zero respect for Royce White, and am glad the he is not on this Gopher team.

But is Paul Carter still on this team? I see people get ripped apart for posting updates on Royce, "He's not on this team, move on." What about Paul?

Again, I respect the hell out of PC, and wish we still had him (while feeling the opposite way about RW). I guess all I'm asking for is a little consistency.

Burn away.

Apples and oranges.

Paul's a gopher and part of the team forever because he was forced to leave the team. He still exhibits character that all of us can respect - still plays every game like it's his last, still holds an off-the-court respect for himself, and has a true love for the game.

Royce kind of betrayed us as Gopher fans. He took what would have been a great basketball career and threw it away for some jeans a lap top (allegedly). He's still a sore subject (and probably unsettled), but I think every Gopher Holer wishes the best for RW, but we aren't going to cheer for him because he really never was and never will be a Gopher. He'll be a could have been and a criminal to most of us; not for his legal crimes but for what he did to the team.

Burn away.

Lets see...2 billion people celebrate the birth of Jesus...0 celebrate the birth of Judas...why we celebrate the success of a great person that did us right and why we don't celebrate anything Royce did...not hard to see the difference.

Paul Carter did and said all the right things during his time at Minnesota. I'm sure deep down Paul Carter is and will always be a Gopher, at least I still view him as a Gopher for life. Keep the Paul Carter threads going!!! The guy was number one in our programs, and in our heart :D.

December 30th I get to see Paul play in Person, I can't wait!!!

I mostly just posted it because Illinois got beat by UIC. Just a plus-side that PC is playing for them.

Consistency? You sound as if Royce and Paul desereve to be viewed in the same way. Do you really not see the difference? I find that very hard to believe.

Burn away.

Top Bottom