Arizona State-Wells-Fargo Arena

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Anybody been? Good atmosphere, nice arena? My parents will be in the Phoenix area and I am thinking of buying them tickets against UCLA. For those who have been how far away is the upper deck? I can get tickets in the lower deck for $40 and upper deck for $20. Upper deck tickets are row 29 which seems pretty far. They are NBA fans and will see a bunch of Suns games but wonder if ASU would be a good outing.

All thoughts welcomed.

Pretty stale. Too big for their following. Half empty is a good possibility.

Just got back from a business trip to Phoenix and happen to be a Wells employee. Will likely see a lot of Phoenix the next few months... might have to check it out.

If it's over winter break (which I suspect it is, I think my ASU friend is back on break) it'll be dead. Roughly 50 of Gopher Marching Band went there last year one of the nights they were in Tempe for the bowl game and ended up getting mentioned in the paper because they added a ton of energy to the student section that otherwise would have been a graveyard.

It's a terrible stadium and poor atmosphere. I'd still go watch a game though.

If you have a dog in the fight, then it might be OK. If not, then it might like being in a morgue.

Top Bottom