A UK banner for Tubby????

While I think Tubby deserves his banner hung from the rafters, if Oscar says it's something super special, then it's not a banner. I'll take a real wild guess that it involves Cotton Nash ( former UK star [avg 22 points, 12 rebs], NBA star and MLB player) and that something of Rupp's is coming from Kansas. Another guess...maybe Dan Issel (2000 miles).

Once the practice arena is complete we should name it in honor of Tubby.

Since we have the barn, what would make sense?

“Tubby’s Trough” or “The Trough”
“Tubby’s Bucket” or “The Bucket”
“Tubby’s Silo” or “The Silo”

While I think Tubby deserves his banner hung from the rafters, if Oscar says it's something super special, then it's not a banner. I'll take a real wild guess that it involves Cotton Nash ( former UK star [avg 22 points, 12 rebs], NBA star and MLB player) and that something of Rupp's is coming from Kansas. Another guess...maybe Dan Issel (2000 miles).

It's a celebration to honor Joe B Hall (who retired 25 years ago). Though he gets little credit for it, Hall SAVED UK basketball by upgrading its recruiting nationally and successfully recruiting black players, then coached the Cats to NCAA and NIT titles.

His 1978 team may be UK's best of the post Rupp era.

Last guess...(was too obvious to overlook with Sean Wood's team in town) all the Unforgettables return. If so, I can't believe I'm missing it! :-(
(Pelphrey will have to hustle from Dallas after his team's game.) The special college players are those who stay through their Senior year to create special moments in basketball glory! A la Al Nolen and Blake Hoffarber. Thanks, guys! You are special!

After some heavy lifting in “The Barn” the Gophs work out the kinks in “The Tub”

Top Bottom