Bryant Allen transferring (facebook)

gopherfan3

Reaction score
I know he wasn't a huge contributor to the team and we weren't for sure whether he was planning on playing this year (until now). After watching him tho, both on the court and on the field, he not only was a great athlete but a great teammate. Always seemed to have a smile on and was the first to congratulate the guys. I would like to be the first to say good luck wherever you choose to go and we enjoyed you as a member of gopher nation

"well ppl if u haven't heard here it is I will be tranfering to another skwel I will not be returning to U of M...I like to start off by sayn I will miss my 2nd fam I really enjoyed my 2years here and I love the support u guys gave me 2 the ftball and bball team gudluck with everything I will be watchin an staying in touch but I feel this move is only right 4 me and I will miss all the friends and I will b 2 visit!"

wow...with those spelling skills, I would suggest transferring to a junior college...skwel? sayn? gudluck?

That said, I wish him well and I am sorry to see him leave. Best of luck.

Spelling

The spelling is probably intentional - just doing it phonetically.

I like the kid, and I was hoping he would continue to improve, but the impression I got about his game is that he just is not as quick as he was supposed to be coming out of high school. Pretty tough kid for his size, but he got killed over the middle.

I swear this happens everytime someone posts a Facebook status. Someone intentionally types a certain way and all of the 70+ year old posters think the person doesn't know how to spell. It's completely over their head that it's intentional and not actually how they type when they write papers for school.

In my opinion, he was a better basketball player than football player. And, I agree with the observation that he appeared to be a good teammate. It's hard to say how much he would have contributed to this year's basketball team, especially with the freshman guards that had gone to Canada and practiced with the team since the start of the season.

The spelling is probably intentional - just doing it phonetically.

Wouldn't "school" be "skool" if spelled phonetically? What is "skwel"? "Skwel" sounds more like a mixed drink.

Well when I said he would play no role on this team I didn't mean I thought he'd transfer. But I guess my projections cane true anyways. Much better football player than basketball player IMO. Probably had similar potential in both, but it was obvious he didn't work a ton on basketball once he was in college. he looked rusty when he did play. I'd take maverick over Allen 100% of the time, though it would've been nice to have another true pg.

Top Bottom