Pioneer Press Gopher blog

ilovethebarn

Reaction score
"I said it before and I'll say it again, I think the best and most athletic lineup the Gophers can put on the floor would be Sampson at center, Johnson at power forward, sophomore Paul Carter at small forward, junior Lawrence Westbrook at off guard and sophomore Al Nolen Jr. at point guard."
M. Fuller (01/28/09)

I agree. I would love to see Carter start. I am starting to wonder if Tubby promised Colton that if he came he would start every game? I should just clarify here I don't think Colton is a bad player and I am not being negative. In fact, Colt 45 was my favorite player in the non-conference, but now Sampson is better and he is progressing faster. I would like to see this, especially against the more gifted teams of the big ten like Michigan State.

I have no problem with the twin towers if we use them properly like last night. Running the press and jacking up threes with 14 feet in the middle just didn't make sense.

Tubby didn't promise anyone anything.

Seems like Tubby prefers JAS over PC right now. Since "shortening the rotation" JAS has been the first guy off the bench and he comes in to replace Colt 45.

I think that's our most athletic line-up, and should be used in situations like the end of the Wisconsin game. But I have no problem with Colt starting. I really think we are at our best going through the post and I like to see Colt in.

What really bugs me is when JAS and Hoffarber are in at the same time.

Top Bottom