Was that a NCAA berth clinching win???

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
No excuse to lose any remaining homes so that's 10-8 at worst and 22 wins overall before the BTT.

Too early for that, Art. Gophers have put themselves in a nice position, but Gophs aren't so talented yet that we can assume wins vs. any team remaining on the schedule, with the exception (possibly) of IU at home. That's the one game you absolutely can't have a slip-up, whether you're the Gophers, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.

I will admit that after last night's win, for the first time I thought to myself, "It (NCAA) is right in front of us." At this juncture, anything short of the NCAA will be a disappointment, something I wouldn't have said before the season.

the only clinching win is the big ten tournament championship game.

the only clinching win is the big ten tournament championship game.

You stole my response. IMO, a clinching win would be where you could lose all your remaining games and still get in. The Gophers aren't even close to that yet and as we have seen in the Big 10 this year, anybody can beat anybody pretty much anywhere. Counting on winning all of our remaining home games is just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Top Bottom