Don't look now, but...

Reaction score
Wisconsin has lost 5 straight, including their last 2 home games (us and Purdue). Loses have come to us, Illinois, Iowa, and two from Purdue. When considering that 4 of those have come to ranked opponents, does it soften the blow at all for Wisky fans?

There's a chance (my fingers are crossed in hopes that it happens) that the Bucky losing streak could hit eight straight. They are at Northwestern this weekend, then host Illinois next week, followed by a road trip to Penn State. Those could be three more losses. How sweet would 3-8 look on their league record?

The loser of the NW-Bucky game this weekend will be in a world of hurt in terms of the NCAA. It's a hugely significant game for both teams.

As much as I would like to, I'm not ready to count out the Badgers. If they can survive their next three games by winning at least 2 (@NW, Illinois, @Penn St), their schedule lightens up down the stretch. The Gophers are entering the most difficult part of their schedule (4 of 5 on the road), with all the road games vs. current NCAA contenders. If the Gophers can manage a split vs. MSU/OSU, I'd take it and run.

Top Bottom