AP article gives props to the student section

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"The Barn was ready for the end of the streak, the students decked out in maroon and gold jumping rhythmically in anticipation of the opening tip and wearing all kinds of crazy outfits. One held up a sign, "Go the way of Blago," trying to taunt the visitors on the day their governor was impeached."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=290290135

Go Gophers!!

Chances are most of the student section is three sheets to the wind at this point and nary a one is here on the Gopherhole. Good for them.

What a sight to see the entire student section full and for them to be rewarded with a great home game. This will go a long way towards building momentum with the student population. I couldn't be happier for all of the Gopher fans!

I was disappointed that I didn't hear any "UN-DER FOR-TY" chants, so they still have a ways to go in the dickishness department.

Best Part

Best part of the article:

"It was so loud that after Westbrook wiggled through the Illinois defense to make a difficult reverse layup and give the Gophers a six-point lead, Calvin Brock couldn’t hear his teammates telling him the clock was about to run out. Mike Tisdale had to rush a 3-pointer, Illinois’ 21st miss from the field in the first half."

I'm glad the fans helped out at least a little bit!

"Wow"

The student section going nuts before the tip was mentioned in that article, and on TV I'm positive as they were walking to half court for the tip Colt looked at RS3 and said, "Wow."

Yeah for those of you that are able to go to the games, well done and keep it up. I had goosebumps before the tip, and I think my neighbors heard me cheering when Hoff hit that three.

Pretty sure my neighbors in Ann Arbor think I am crazy. Every Thursday night they can probably hear me yelling random "NO" or "YES" Man I am jealous of U of M students right now. They have Tubby in the Barn and now have an on-campus football stadium. Why could't I have been born in 1989 instead of 1984!

So does this answer Art's question from last week after losing to Purdue?

As a member of the student section, it doesn't get much better than screaming at the top of your lungs with the rest of the fans when the team is rollin. After the past few years, it's great to see the student section packed again and actually having a legitimate effect on the games. I really wish Hoffarber had hit that second three to go back-to-back last night, the place would have exploded.

Top Bottom