IT ALL STARTS WITH DEFENSE

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Wow. The most impressive defensive effort I've seen in as long as I can possibly remember.

Offense was not pretty early but the defense gave the Rodents the edge in the early going and it catapulted them to a huge huge huge win.

Unbelievable. Defense, defense, defense...

You know, I really didn't think our offense was that bad tonight, even with the low point total. I thought it seemed much imporved and under control. The biggest thing these guys need to do is start making layups. Holy cow we gave away points. At times we could be renamed the Fightin' Chad Kolanders.

defense

Early on, I was afraid that the easy buckets that we missed would come back to haunt us against a good team. We can't keep missing 2 ft. shots. that being said, I liked the fact that we saw more touches inside and aggressiveness from Sampson and Iverson.

The defense was awesome! I love watching great D like that. I kept expecting us to get a big run of steals and easy layups, but it was more about just making them take tough shots and then not giving up second chances. I thought the bigs did a great job helping on ball screens and especially on cutters.

You know, I really didn't think our offense was that bad tonight, even with the low point total. I thought it seemed much imporved and under control. The biggest thing these guys need to do is start making layups. Holy cow we gave away points. At times we could be renamed the Fightin' Chad Kolanders.
Totally agree with this. I was actually really happy with out offense, but we must have missed at least 10 layups. Nolen about 3-4, Colton a couple, Carter missed a dunk. Even if we just make 5 more layups, we score a respectable 70 and the game is over even earlier than it was. In any case, we got the ball inside the best we have in a while and put ourselves in a lot of position for easy baskets.

Early on, I was afraid that the easy buckets that we missed would come back to haunt us against a good team. We can't keep missing 2 ft. shots. that being said, I liked the fact that we saw more touches inside and aggressiveness from Sampson and Iverson.

The defense was awesome! I love watching great D like that. I kept expecting us to get a big run of steals and easy layups, but it was more about just making them take tough shots and then not giving up second chances. I thought the bigs did a great job helping on ball screens and especially on cutters.

Exactly what I thought. I felt we should have been up by more than 6 at the half, and I was hoping that those missed opportunities in the first half wouldn't come back to bite us. They didn't.

Man I love defense! That was the best I've ever seen.

Top Bottom