LOVE the matchup of DJ on McCamey

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Brilliant. DJ is giving him fits, the help defense is fantastic everywhere.

On offense, same old thing; Gophers are not a tough team to defend, but at least they're making an effort to get the ball inside to the bigs. Gotta at least keep 'em honest.

Let's see which coach makes the best halftime adjustments.

Also love being on the right side of the foul situation, although I think Illinois is doing a pretty fair amount of reaching. All in all, refs are letting them play.

Keep it up!!!!!

I couldn't agree more! McCamey is a "quick" player but by no means fast, so DJ's length and quickness is giving him fits.

DJ provides a nightmare matchup for just about anyone he guards. He's about 6-7, which makes him a small forward. But he moves really well laterally, has a good understanding of defensive position and is REALLY long...makes it really tough for the opposition to get any kind of space in which to operate.

He's one of the league's best all-around defenders and we're lucky to have him.

I love the matchup of DJ on almost anyone, his length allows him to play off people enough to not let them go around him and he has GREAT shot blocking instincts.

Barely remember hearing anything about McCamey tonight, Damien put in work tonight. DJ and Al are amazing defenders.

I agree. I was very, very worried about McCamey until I saw that DJ was guarding him. Then I became worried about Legion and Davis, but we shut them down as well. Very good defense. Great game plan, great execution, great heart.

Top Bottom