beware of the airforce falcons

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
i know that the season just ended (official season not counting bowl), and it may be early to start thinking about next year already, but i am ready to put the last game out of my mind and the best way is to ponder next year.

i was talking to a classmate today who went to BYU as an undergrad and asked him if he knew anything about airforce, them being in the same conference. he said that they run the triple option.:eek:

after wisconsin's sorry performance vs cal poly on saturday, the idea of facing a triple option offense scares me. the defense needs to be very patient and let the play develop while sticking with their assignments. i don't know if that is the kind of defense we have. i would like to see more speed at LB for that game--lawrence, cooper. when was the last time the gophers have seen a triple option? or more importantl;y when was the last time roof saw the triple option as a DC? maybe never.

the way that cal poly ran at will against wisconsin, begging wisconsin to stop their gameplan, worries me a bit. wisconsin knew what was coming every play and yet could not stop it. the last thing i want is for the first game at tcf to be airforce running at will on us.

ironic that airforce is not a run and gun or spread offense;)

Duke played Navy every year that Roof was there. IIRC, Navy (now GT)coach Paul Johnson used the triple option.

Duke played Navy every year that Roof was there. IIRC, Navy (now GT)coach Paul Johnson used the triple option.

wow, good call minnmarch! can we check and see how duke stacked up against them?

Keeping in mind that he did not run the defense personally (to my knowledge) and did not have that much talent, here are the scores:

2007: L, 43-46
2006: L, 13-38
2005: L, 21-28
2004: L, 12-27

Anyone else think it's funny that the Air Force Academy uses a ground game on offense instead of attacking opposing defenses through the air?

I've always said that Air Force attacking on the ground just sounds wrong. Somebody can go back and look it up but I think in 2003 we ranked #2 in the country in rushing behind Air Force. They have been good for a while and the last time I looked they had 8 wins this season and I know they lost on Saturday so they probably finished 8-4 and fourth place in the MWC behind Utah, TCU & BYU. A good non-conference foe.

Top Bottom