at least the recruits look good . . .

WillieBurton

Reaction score
The recent on-field results may be a little disappointing (to say the least), but by any measure, Brewster is still doing a good job of recruiting. Here's a YouTube link to one of our 2009 recruits, Ra'Shede Hageman, in action. This clip is much better than the clip on Rivals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnI8VPADAIE

If you think about the amount of contribution the newer recruits made it's really quite amazing. This class looks to be smaller but possibly even more potent for next year. 2009 will be fun, 2010/11 should be great fun.

Let's just hope Brewster isn't our own skinny version of Charlie Weis, greater recruiter but cannot develop the talent on the field.

Let's just hope Brewster isn't our own skinny version of Charlie Weis, greater recruiter but cannot develop the talent on the field.

The Jury is still out, but looking at this years recruits and their contributions, I'm more inclined to believe he'll do fine with them.

Seeing these players in 2010 will be amazing. Many of the newcomers made little mistakes along the way that should not be a problem with experience. Add the big 3 from this year, (Maresh, Gray, and Reeves), the two transfers, (Carufel and Royston), and the impact players from this upcoming class and I won't have doubts down the stretch like I did this season.

coach brewster is ok.

i think he is getting some very good players. i love our gophers.

Brandon Green is a big time play maker he will be very good for us next year.

Brandon Green is a big time play maker he will be very good for us next year.

Traye, do you know anything about Hayo Carpenter and is he for real? Have you covered him before? Do you know much about any of the other juco's we have coming here next year.

btw, you had an excellent season this year and we all can't wait for next year. Good luck in the bowl game and I do hope you'll get a pick 6! Go Gophers!

BPT, definately climbing the charts as one of my favorite Gophers already!

Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure that isn't actually BPT.

maybe, maybe not, but we do know they check us out now and then. It's always good to remember we might have an audience.

Traye, do you know anything about Hayo Carpenter and is he for real? Have you covered him before? Do you know much about any of the other juco's we have coming here next year.

btw, you had an excellent season this year and we all can't wait for next year. Good luck in the bowl game and I do hope you'll get a pick 6! Go Gophers!

Is Big Play the actual BPT?

Is Big Play the actual BPT?

Why not? Logically, who would use that member name and picture if it wasn't actually him. He makes low impact or, in other words, posts that aren't combative or inflamitory.

It'd be nice to have some discussions with some of our favorite players here at GH but there are some idiots out there that would ruin it for everyone. It's hard to get reliable information on the juco's and I'd love to get some insight from him or one of the other players.

NOTE TO GOPHER HOLE STAFF - Is there a way you guy's could set up some sort of thread where Gopher Hole members could have like an hour to ask questions for a player. You could have a different player once a week or something. Would that be possible?

Wow, just wow! Hageman is a man amongst grade schoolers in that video. I don't expect City Conference football is that great, but the fact that he was that far downfield on some plays was something and testament to some serious wheels for a guy that size.

Green showed me a lot as the season wore on. Dunbar's spread is a fairly complicated offense and it isn't something a first-year frosh is going to master in pre-season practices alone.

Hageman is just a beast. Randy Shaver on the no. 11 thinks he's the best football player to come out of MN this year.

Why not? Logically, who would use that member name and picture if it wasn't actually him. He makes low impact or, in other words, posts that aren't combative or inflamitory.

Posts that aren't combative? Low impact? Perhaps you should wander over to the basketball board to witness his extreme bashing of Ralph Sampson III.

Also, I believe BP said he was sitting in the student section for the Iowa game so...

That was my brother who was sitting in the student sec. He moved up here with my family he uses my name on here. I have never played a against Hayo Carpenter but from what i hear he is a Big play player like me.

Traye,

What are you hearing about Tim Davis?? I know that he coaches an entirely different position than the one you play, but have any of the other guys said anything about him?

His resume is really impressive and we're all pretty excited about him. Just wondering what you think of him.

I havent talked to him. He sounds nice though from what the guys have been saying.

Thanks Traye,

Good luck in the bowl game. Obviously, we're all pulling for you guys!!!!:)

Big Play is not actually Traye Simmons, anyone can make a name and take a picture and post stuff

C'mon guys....this guy is a total poser. Do you really think BPT would come on here and post a picture of himself (the picture that GopherLady took of him for her interview????)....As for the imposter, get a life!

I really believe Hageman has the potential to be a program changer. This is what I envision for next year: Hayo clearing everything out with a fly, Decker running his seam/post pattern, B McNeal finding some space along the sidelines, and Hageman sitting in the middle of the field all by himself. What is the defense supposed to do (with the hope that Weber has some time to throw). This will be fun...

You guys may well be right,

But even if you are, I see no need to call someone a poser or a to get a life. All i'm looking for is some fun discussion!!!:)

Hageman is a great signing and from the film, it's obvious he has some serious wheels. Brewster was a TE and a TE coach, so I think he knows something about the position. Bringing in someone like Davis, who has also worked with TEs, to help develop Hageman's blocking technique can only help make this kid one of the premier TEs in the nation before he leaves.

Minnesota has a tradition of great TEs going back to two-way player Aaron Brown, Pro Football HOFer Charlie Sanders, and Ray Parsons in the 1960s to Doug Kingsriter and Keith Fahnhorst in the 1970s to Ben Utecht and Matt Spaeth in the 21st Century. I don't want to overboard on Hageman, but he has the size and speed to rank up there with the best of them.

Top Bottom