What A Great Article About Tubby On Rivals

Thanks for sharing the link, Blizzard. Made for good reading.

"He notes plans are underway to build a new practice facility..."

Great article. Although, can anyone confirm the quote about the practice facility?

Although, can anyone confirm the quote about the practice facility?

I can't confirm anything, but in overhearing some whispers from a couple folks that know, there is more private donation money set up for this facility than has been reported publicly. I don't know anything about specific plans, but do know that this will happen sooner rather than later. People can cool out in worrying that plans (or lack thereof) for a practice facility will be a reason for Coach Smith to leave.

If what Parkinglotgopher says is true, then I would really have a hard time seeing Tubby leave for another job, whether it be Maryland, Arizona, Alabama or anywhere else.

I get the feeling that he's very much entrenched in Minnesota right now. If the rumors about how much he and Donna like Minnesota and the people are true, I would think it would take a gargantuan offer to get him away from Minneapolis. And if we get that practice facility, it will be further incentive to stay.

Either way, there isn't any reason to lose sleep over it. At the end of the day, this is between Tubby, Maturi, the potential suitors and Tubby's family and no one else.

BTW, it saddens me to say that he hasn't come to shake the students hands for a while....wish he would more often....:'''( haha

BTW, it saddens me to say that he hasn't come to shake the students hands for a while....wish he would more often....:'''( haha

Even the Beatles had to stop touring. I think Tubby is a bit afraid of an overzealous hand shaker and the accomanying long recovery from a torn rotator cuff.

That story was so good..........

the writer can't be local. He didn't feel obligated to present negative information.

"He notes plans are underway to build a new practice facility..."

Great article. Although, can anyone confirm the quote about the practice facility?

I've also overheard talk of the practice facility. But it's no longer whispers, it's been a little more open discussion. Including talk of a probable location (southeast-ish of Williams, west of Station 19). Don't know if it would be in any way attached to Williams.

Some mentions of a time table as well. Perhaps beginning the project in the 12-18 month time frame.

great article. Have talked to him many times and he always mentions he REALLY is happy here and now feels super comfortable here, which I think is what he was missing at KY. I think he will stay here for sure...

The main things are... Tubby is having fun coaching again. And Donna is happy again. The TEAM is having fun and improving. And Gopher FANS are ecstatic. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom