Are we getting "Krushed" again?

From the Barn

Reaction score
Or have the Illinois students finally decided to go somewhere else?

The orange krush, for whatever reason, really likes attending basketball games at williams arena.

Alright, nevermind. I was reading it as though you were wondering where they were rather than will they be there.

they always try to hide up in the corner and then take off their shirts right before starting line ups. i say we call them out right away if there is a suspiciously large group of people in the upper level.

I thought it was cool when they were here last year. Great support.

they always try to hide up in the corner and then take off their shirts right before starting line ups. i say we call them out right away if there is a suspiciously large group of people in the upper level.
There better be a bunch of people everywhere in the arena, not just the upper level. It better be packed for this big game.

I thought it was cool when they were here last year. Great support.

Yea it was really cool when we were getting blown out and we could hear the I-L-L-I-N-I chant from the upper deck. Awesome!

I am unfamiliar with the "orange krush" whether it is a group of adults or if it is a student roadtrip, but if it is students I doubt they would be here since the game is on a thursday.

Yeah I still remember the first time they came during their final 4 season. I was so excited to see a second student section up in the rafters, decked out in gold. I was thinking "man, this really is a big game, it's awesome to see such great support!" Right before the lineups were announced, I looked back and the gold had turned to orange. I was shook. They pretty much owned Williams that night. Impressive organizationally and extremely frustrating to see opposing fans overrun your home court, which I suppose was the point.

Good for them. It's what makes college sports so great. When you play your geographic neighbors and fail to sell out you invite these kinds of things. What we need is to become so good at playing that we will look forward to their visits. When it becomes us taunting our visitors instead of the other way around it will be sweeeet!

I am unfamiliar with the "orange krush" whether it is a group of adults or if it is a student roadtrip, but if it is students I doubt they would be here since the game is on a thursday.

i remember one year they came on a tuesday.

I'm pretty sure the Barnyard roadtrip last year was for a Thursday night game. It's do-able

I doubt they would be here since the game is on a thursday.

I'm sure the Illinois students are really worried about missing their "fancy, book learnin'..."

I think there's a really good chance they'll be back, who doesn't want to experience one of the greatest basketball venues on the planet? If the boys come out strong the barn should be rockin' and at least this year we have a FULL student section to drown them out, instead of just a few diehard students like in recent years.

I talked with one of the Krush ringleaders after their 2006 trip up here.

They agreed that the trip up sucked (9 hours of very boring Illinois and Wisconsin), but they LOVED The Barn and understood why a lot of teams have a lot of problems up on the platform.

It didn't hurt that in the 2006 game, they couldn't be heard past the baseline on their end. IIRC, that was one of the few times that year (Indiana was the other) when the Barnyard really brought it. It felt like a playoff game in there an hour before tipoff. Too bad the team lost, which made the Barnyard Road Trip to Northwestern four days later little more than a glorified drinking expedition.

The orange krush, for whatever reason, really likes attending basketball games at williams arena.

Just might have something to do with 20 in a row.

Soon it will be impossible for the krush to get Williams Arena tickets. This may be their last chance.
I remember the night they fooled us into thinking the students had moved back to the second deck. It was funny and disheartening all at the same time.

Quite a few students don't have classes on Fridays. For my major it was all Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. I didn't have have Friday classes my last 2 years of college.

Expect them to be there tomorrow, just talked to a friend who goes there and she said she wouldn't tell me either way.

It's kind of too little too late, but the barnyard board should have tried to get all the students show up tomorrow in orange, and then right before the introductions switch to gold. Beat the Illini at their own game. Or at least come in marroon, and switch to gold. A few hundred gophers students switching colors would be a cool sight.

It's kind of too little too late, but the barnyard board should have tried to get all the students show up tomorrow in orange, and then right before the introductions switch to gold. Beat the Illini at their own game. Or at least come in marroon, and switch to gold. A few hundred gophers students switching colors would be a cool sight.

No.

I remember posting/complaining about the Orange Krush last year. They were right above me, where the Colton Iverson group from the Dakotas was earlier this year (across the entire top three rows of the upper deck, opposite our student section). In our section, they were extremely loud and annoying and it didn't help that they Gophs laid a turd last year.

My complaint last year was: why would the ticket office sell such a huge number of tickets to any one group in any one section, and especially for the Illinois game when they know that the Krush has pulled off a mini-student section in the past? I understand the ticket office wanting to have a large chunk of tickets available to groups, but why not split up group sales that big as a general policy.

Oh, well. Now I'm turning into a old whiney Gopher fan. What has become of me! A win will cure any group of annoying visiting fans.

I remember posting/complaining about the Orange Krush last year. They were right above me, where the Colton Iverson group from the Dakotas was earlier this year (across the entire top three rows of the upper deck, opposite our student section). In our section, they were extremely loud and annoying and it didn't help that they Gophs laid a turd last year.

My complaint last year was: why would the ticket office sell such a huge number of tickets to any one group in any one section, and especially for the Illinois game when they know that the Krush has pulled off a mini-student section in the past? I understand the ticket office wanting to have a large chunk of tickets available to groups, but why not split up group sales that big as a general policy.

Oh, well. Now I'm turning into a old whiney Gopher fan. What has become of me! A win will cure any group of annoying visiting fans.

Because as of now we still have a relatively free market.

During this year's Barnyard road trip, we had more students then NU did. We were much louder too (at least during the first half). I loved it but remember thinking how Pissed I would be if someone did that to us.

Top Bottom