Did I miss a fabulous Nadine interview with Lewan?

GopherMac

Reaction score
She is always so quick to post her interviews. I am a new member and just figuring out this new format. Did she post one? If not, does anyone know what kind of reaction Lewan had to the experience here? Just so I can stay positive!!!!!! A good recruit makes up for a bad loss.

She said that he attended the game but she did not get a chance to talk to him.

It only seems odd because she is so good at getting to these guys. I'm working on not looking for bad news in the no news column.

It only seems odd because she is so good at getting to these guys. I'm working on not looking for bad news in the no news column.

This was her quote from the thread above.

Taylor Lewan was at the game, we just didn't get a chance to grab him before he went into the locker room before the game. I've heard from people that did talk to him that his visit was going well!

thanks Grunkiejr. I'll try reading these threads closer and if I run into any more issues, I'll look for you.

I wish gopherlady would have gotten an interview with lewan. We could have gotten his thoughts on when he would commit or if he was close to commiting to the gophers

I'm right with you, gopherncostarica. I suffer for a few days after a beat down and when you get the sprinkles of good news about new recruits it makes the bad feelings subside. I give Nadine credit for making me feel good the last few weeks. Although I like all the chatter about the other potential recruits, it is Lewan that stands out in my mind.

Little Lewan update

Hey guys, I'm sorry, I feel like I let you down :(. I can say that I just heard a few more tid-bits about his visit...

- He really did love it (so no news does not mean bad news)
- He loves Minnesota in general
- He got a chance to meet all of his Dad's former teammates, which was a really cool experience
- It seems like he would be the perfect fit with Minnesota - with his ties here, his talent, etc.

I really hope that we can get this guy. Lewan would be a huge addition to our line, which was easily the weakest part of the team this year. Don't get me wrong, with Carufel next year taking over a spot we will be better, but Lewan would add some needed depth and maybe could even take over a starting spot his freshman year.

And don't worry GL, you didn't let us down. We love the work you do to keep us in the loop, keep it up!

the fact that he could get some immediate playing time should be an incentive

Maybe she finally is realizing that by having contact with recruits she is putting the U into a situation of rules violations. As a booster; defined simply as donating to the U, having season tickets or being a member of a booster club you are not allowed to have contact with recruits. She has been asked by the coaching staff more than a few times to quit talking to recruits.

Lewan in 2009 and Henderson in 2010 and we will see the kind of offensive line dominance that made the Gophers great in the 1960s when the likes of Gale Gillingham, Carl Eller, Bobby Bell, Ezell Jones, Dick Enderle, Milt Sunde, John Williams, Julian Hook, Greg Larson, and Tom Brown knocked defensive opponents all over Memorial Stadium.

Heck, Murray Warmath is only going to be 94 in December. Bring him back to coach the O-line.

I'm not that big a fan of Dunbar's spread because however you line up, the object of the game is to still knock people over. Part of the problem on the O-line this year was inexperience. I don't know if Meyer is being hung out to dry, but these guys never got any better. And to win big games, you have to win the physical battle.

I've digressed, but talent is more than half of that battle's equation and Lewan is top-tier talent. I sincerely hope we can land this kid.

Lewan looked like he was having a great time during the victory walk...all smiles. Really big kid. BTW, really good turn out for the final victory walk at the pukehole.

Brewscrew

Maybe she finally is realizing that by having contact with recruits she is putting the U into a situation of rules violations. As a booster; defined simply as donating to the U, having season tickets or being a member of a booster club you are not allowed to have contact with recruits. She has been asked by the coaching staff more than a few times to quit talking to recruits.

I wouldn't believe everything you read. Your statements are incorrect. I assure you, I have been in contact with the "powers that be" over at Bierman, and they are comfortable with my work.

If you would like to take this conversation off the board, please send me a pm, and I'd be happy to explain things to you. I would appreciate you not making assumptions or slandering my character on the board. You may get to post from an anonymous moniker, but my name is actually out there, and I do not take lightly to accusations made - as I do have a real job and reputation to uphold. I look forward to communicating with you, offline. Thank you.

Kinda like calling a nun a 'ho in church. Not a wise move.

Does anybody have full membership on gopherillustrated so that they can tell us what lewan said on his visit to minnesota.

Why would you even write that, Brewscrew? What can you find wrong with what GL is doing for us? She's the #1 reason to come to this site. I like what all the other members have to say but when there is a GL thread, you know it's got something important. Back off and if you don't want to read her threads, don't.

GL most on here know that you would never do anything to jeopardize the program. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Top Bottom