Tubby talk on PTI!

B

boner4goldy

Just curious if anyone saw the segment on PTI today about tubby? They basically talked about how ridiculous it would be for him to leave us for alabama. Tony ended it with a great line, "You can win a championship at minnesota, you can." Which caused my roommate and I to let out a big cheer!

Saw that as well...Both Tony & Mike Wilbon said that they can't understand why he would leave..Alabama is a 'football school' I remember hearing. It was good to see some national 'pub' about Tubby. It can't hurt.

I love this quote, I'm almost tempted to make it my sig!

"You can win a championship at Minnesota, you can."

I honestly don't even get this rumor mill, or any rumors about Tubby leaving. I don't see it happening...unless the U screws something up (which as we know, is always possible). Aside from that, he ends his career here.

Tubby won't leave, but Maturi needs to help him stay...build the practice facility and give him a raise.

GL is so astute. I still LOVE the Badger scoreboard with bucky frowning and upset.

Thanks, Dr. Don

I feel kind of silly leaving it up there, now that WI has lost so many in a row...but it can't take away from how all of us felt after that game!

Ah, post #666. GopherLady, I would leave it up for "awhile". It was such a sweet feeling! And in the last few years we have not won too many rivalry games, but this eyar we have beaten both the HAWKEYE and the BADGER. The comback against BADGER at Becky-land was one of the true highlights of the last few years!!!!!!!!

My in-laws are all from Kentucky. I GUARANTEE you that Tubby would have been treated much better there if his skin was a different color. It was an uphill battle for him from day 1 to get fan support.

When his decision to come to Minnesota was announced, I read what he wrote very carefully, and I think I read between the lines (I could be wrong, but this is how I saw it) that he wanted to be somewhere that the support of him and his team had nothing to do with the color of his skin.

Alabama??????

I think that Tubby is very comfortable here. He gets a ton of freedom to run the program as he sees fit and he is getting a lot of support from the administration and the community. He can only exceed expectations (at least for a few years until he reaises the bar). I'm a little worried about him going to Arizona - but I feel certain that he won't go to Alabama.

IMO I feel this conversation is exaggerated. I'm sure Tubby will retire here and Maturi will get him a practice facility. After Kentucky, this is the best place for Tubby.

Top Bottom