USC in basketball, too?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Just a thought, but do you think there's any chance we're working on a home-and-home with USC for basketball as well? Occasionally schools work something out to schedule one another in both sports?

Probably wishful thinking on my part, especially considering we might run into a Pac 10 team (UCLA) at the Anaheim Classic. The Trojans & Tim Floyd certainly would be a nice addition to the schedule.

USC is kinda one of the "it" school in college basketball right now for one and done player(along with Ohio State, Texas, etc.) I don't see Tubby going after 4 of those type of players every year like USC does hoping to get one. That said if say the next King James was growing up in say St. Paul I would fully expect Tubby to recuit him hard. When it all said and done USC might get more hype than the U but the U will get more results though prolonged succuss. So that might not really fit Tubby's recuiting plans that way. Personally I would think UCLA would be a better match up. But if Tubby schedules a home and home with USC it couldn't hurt the team. So I say go for it.

What does USC's recruiting have to do with us scheduling them in basketball?

Tubby and Tim Floyd seem to have different goals in recuting. USC is much more of looking for the next big thing while Tubby seems to be looking for the 4 year player. I don't know if that send the wrong message to the recuits? If you finished reading my post I said go for it schedule USC.

Tubby and Tim Floyd seem to have different goals in recuting. USC is much more of looking for the next big thing while Tubby seems to be looking for the 4 year player. I don't know if that send the wrong message to the recuits? If you finished reading my post I said go for it schedule USC.

How does playing USC in a basketball game send the wrong message to recruits? I don't think we need to sit down and make sure that all of our opponents recruit in a similar fashion to us in order to schedule them.

I read somewhere (it might have been on here) that we were interested in scheduling them for basketball and they said we had to schedule their football team as well. Seems like there is a good chance we'll see them on an upcoming schedule. I don't remember where I read that or if is credible or not. Just remember reading it, so take it for what it's worth.

What does recruiting have to do with anything? Why even bring it up? I guess we can only play teams who are recruiting the same players now?

It would be nice to add USC to the schedule. Because they are a solid team, and it would be nice to improve our non-conference schedule.

The recruiting dynamics would make it an interesting match-up. Solid, veteran players vs. some young one and done kids... I think that was what MNBoiler was trying to get at (not to put words in his mouth). I wouldn't mind playing USC.
I would like to see a better home NC schedule. No offense to the teams we played this year, but it's not very exciting beating these teams. Why don't we play some middle of the road teams from the other big conferences. Why not play Iowa State, Nebraska, Cinci, Marquette, Alabama, Washington... teams that will give us quality games. I would also like to see some mid-major powers like Butler or Xavier on the schedule.

Top Bottom