Gophers stay at #15 in AP Poll

GoForGold

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised and disappointed.

Link? I don't think it comes out for another couple of hours.

Surprised we didn't jump Villanova w/their loss (they only drop from #7 to #12), and Tennessee jumps us with mediocre wins after being #24 last week? Kentucky gets shelled by 20 to unranked UConn and only drops 2 spots from #8 to #10?

Plus, I know they were big wins...but UConn from unranked to #7?!

Surprised we didn't jump Villanova w/their loss (they only drop from #7 to #12), and Tennessee jumps us with mediocre wins after being #24 last week? Kentucky gets shelled by 20 to unranked UConn and only drops 2 spots from #8 to #10?

Plus, I know they were big wins...but UConn from unranked to #7?!

Uconn was extremely impressive. with all the losses at the top i was expecting at least 1 or 2 bumps up but hey im happy with where we are now. our 'impressive' wins arent as impressive as we wanted them to be with UNC now out of the top 25.

We'll be top 10 if we enter big10 season undefeated.

I expected to go up a couple of spots due to attrition, but no biggie. 14-16 all stayed the same.

UConn all the way up to 7

Purdue all the way down to 22. Ouch.

Wisconsin no where to be found. :clap:

I was expecting going up 1-2 (Purdue losing and Washington losing twice) spots but then a win over NDSU isn't all that impressive.

Not only that but UConn is clearly top 10 at this point so that takes away a spot.

If anything Tennessee jumping up so far is very questionable. I think that the #13 ranking will last until they get taken apart by Pitt next month.

OTOH, the Gophers are not likely to lose before the Big Ten season is well underway. I think they beat WI. They might beat Michigan State but that's the first loss I see. In fact, the only two teams the Gophers have left on the schedule where they would be the underdog are the 4 against Ohio State and Michigan St.

So, I think they'll see top 10 before season's end.

UConn going from unranked to #7 shows that polls at this point are meaningless.

I think we're right about where we should be. The higher the ranking, the bigger the target on your back. If we focus on one game at a time, we should be top 10 going into Madison. There are some good matchups in the next 3 weeks between top teams, there are going to be some big losses.

All I care about is whether we're top 10 on March 1st.

Top Bottom