New polls: Goodman has Gophs at #10; Parrish has Gophs at #7

They don't deserve a bump up this week. I don't like how the Gophs seem to play to the level of their opponents. Its good against good opponents but they always seem to let lesser teams stay in the game with them.

They don't deserve a bump up this week. I don't like how the Gophs seem to play to the level of their opponents. Its good against good opponents but they always seem to let lesser teams stay in the game with them.

Agreed. And now with our lofty ranking / higher expectations, Nolen out, Rodney out, and possibly Devoe as well, I'm feeling quite uneasy about the Hoos coming to town for the start of the BT/ACC Challenge. Suddenly ALL the pressure is on us.

I would be shocked if we don't get passed Virginia tomorrow even without Al and Rodney.

How the hell would you know, you didn't stick around long enough to evaluate our Gophers.

I would be shocked if we don't get passed Virginia tomorrow even without Al and Rodney.

Did you watch Virginia vs. Washington last week? They aren't even an NIT team...we are 14 point favorites for a reason

I wouldn't say the gophers are playing down to the level of their opponents. Tubby has given our freshmen lots of playing time so far this year, with as many as four (or three?) out on the court at the same time. If we wanted to beat some of these teams worse than we have, it could have easily been done.

I wouldn't say the gophers are playing down to the level of their opponents. Tubby has given our freshmen lots of playing time so far this year, with as many as four (or three?) out on the court at the same time. If we wanted to beat some of these teams worse than we have, it could have easily been done.

Right. There is no and I emphasize no substitute for game experience. It is wonderful to have the luxury of depth.

Great job Tubby. :clap:

Troll Alert!

Subsequent games have shown that N. Carolina was vastly over-rated, in this early season. Gophers need to improve if they are to stay in the top 25. I do feel they will remain undefeated in their pre-Big Ten season.
Joseph, Hoffaber and Hollins should really rack up the 3's against the Cavs.

That's the most overrused term in the history of paranoid sports fandom. And it should only be applied when it actually fits.

Top Bottom