Gophers 24th in Coaches Poll

We'll see if Myron voting us out of the Top 25 will affect our position in the AP Poll. Always interesting to see the hometown voter to do that...

Am a little surprised

Thought Gophers would drop out, then likely move back in next week if we beat Illinois.

Again, why in the heck are Notre Dame and UCLA still ranked, and why in the heck is Washington not ranked?

Notre Dame hasn't won since January 10th, and that was against Seton Hall. At this point the Irish are a borderline NCAA squad, and these clowns have them in the top 25? What a joke. Same goes for for UCLA, whose best win is either USC or Miami-Ohio? Yuck.

UW deserves some love for leading the Pac 10. Certainly should be ranked ahead of Notre Dame & UCLA, who they just beat two days ago.

Georgetown is still ranked too. Wow. We deserve it more than they do.

Good to see the Gophers hanging in the Top 25, didn't see that happening. The national recognition is always a plus, especially when the games they have played on the ESPN network have been somewhat brutal to watch.

To go along with the Washington snub, I'm kind of surprised Florida isn't ranked yet. They have looked impressive in the games I have seen them play so far. They have a few nice wins, and not really a bad loss on their record either at 17-3. SEC is pretty weak this year though, so that might be the issue.

Are beat writers required to vote for the team they cover? I don't think it's a big deal if Myron doesn't vote for the Gophers. He should vote for the teams he thinks are the best 25 in the country. Certainly an argument could be made either way that the Gophers are/aren't a top-25 quality team. Myron's not out on an island here.

I can't figure out the link. How do I view Myron's top 25? Thanks in advance.

Interesting tidbit. The second highest vote that the Gophers received was from the longtime UK beat writer Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald-Leader.

And of writers from Big Ten country, more left the Gophers out than voted them in. Not a surprise. Last week's results showed a lot of voters not voting for the Gophers.

Are they a top 25 team? I'm not sure I could put them in.

Currently 40 of the 71 voters are not voting for Minnesota. I wouldn't be hard on Myron in this case. He's certainly not obligated to vote for them and he probably has seen their flaws more than any of the other voters.

I have no issue with Myron not voting for the Gophers. I just think he is a lousy writer, his style is sloppy at best.

I don't understand.

The poll shows extreme respect for Tubby.

Couldn't it also show that we beat the #7 team in the poll, and 2 of our 3 losses are against #9 and #17?

Man, you guys are dour.

Top Bottom