Perspective on Disappointing End to Season

BobWowGoph

Section 115, Row 27
Reaction score
I’m as disappointed as anyone about the way the season ended. After the Purdue game, it looked like we could potentially have three rivalry trophies and an 11-1 season. We ended with 0 rivalry trophies and 4 consecutive losses. Before the season most people were predicting somewhere from a 5-7 to 7-5 season. Most people said 7-5 would be best case scenario, an all the breaks went our way kind of season. I think that a 7-1 start rightfully raised those expectations to 9-3, 10-2 or even 11-1. But I think the fact that most of us are very disappointed with 7-5 season shows how far this program has come in one year. For the first time in a long time, the defense showed some promise and even won a game or two this year. There was definite improvement in this team as a whole. Despite how Illinois ended their season, that was a big win, on the road, for their homecoming. All in all, I am disappointed that we couldn’t beat Michigan, Wisconsin, or Iowa, lost on homecoming to Northwestern, and couldn’t build on the 7-1 start. However, in that disappointment it does seem like the bar has been raised. A disappointing 7-5 season, when most fans had predicted 7-5 seems like a good place to build towards next year.

it's difficult to gain perspective after the Iowa loss.

I think though as time moves on and we get closer to next September we'll begin to see the program as nothing but positive.

We switch schedules with Illinois and they're in a bowl game and we are home for the holidays. The team may be better next year with a worse record.

Top Bottom