Bring Floyd to The Barn

From the Barn

Reaction score
For halftime on Monday, along with the football team. They deserve another round of applause.

Awesome idea, I really hope they do this.

That would be sweet. I bet it would be deafening.

Do it!

And then do it again when iowa basketball comes to town

Just sent Joel an email with this idea, and copied the link to this posting.

They should bring it to the home Iowa bball game as well.

Easy guys, you will with class and lose with dignity.

I am okay with them bringing it to the Virginia game, but not the Iowa game. Unless they did it first, then I say rub it back in their faces!!!!:pig:

I suggested the idea of bringing Floyd to the BB game to my wife on the way back to the car last evening. Her response - That would be AWESOME!!

Easy guys, you will with class and lose with dignity.

I am okay with them bringing it to the Virginia game, but not the Iowa game. Unless they did it first, then I say rub it back in their faces!!!!:pig:

+1 Bring Floyd to the Virginia game, not the Iowa game. Win with class.

I agree with Haugy#33 in his 10:02 post. When we finally win a big game, let's not talk smack, nor insult ourselves by such immature actions. The VA game? yes. The Iowa game? No. Like Haugy said, win with class, lose with dignity. But some here probably get joy of putting butter on a serious burn.

+1 on the OP and this thread in general. Bringing it to the VA game along with the team would be awesome. If it happens I hope there's video.

A win against a struggling Iowa team shouldn't be a defining moment in Minnesota sports. It's nice they won but if we want to be an elite sports school we need to act like one. Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin would never do this if they won a rivalry game against us.

We need to act like we've been there before if we want to be there again.

Per Gopher Marketing gal, they're looking into it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

A win against a struggling Iowa team shouldn't be a defining moment in Minnesota sports. It's nice they won but if we want to be an elite sports school we need to act like one. Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin would never do this if they won a rivalry game against us.

It'd be fun for the fans and fun for the players-a cool moment for everyone in attendance. I don't see any problem with that.

The main reason for bringing the trophy to the Barn would be to honor the players (especially the graduating seniors), not gloat over the win. It's a show of appreciation, not cockiness. I think it's a great idea, one more chance for the players to get cheered as a team.

The football team hadn't won a trophy game for four years until the Iowa win on Saturday. I don't think a brief introduction of the trophy and a salute to the football players at the BB game would be inappropriate at all. I agree with others that it is not appropriate to parade Floyd around at the Iowa BB game.

I don't see anything wrong with Floyd being brought to basketball games against Iowa. It would simply lead to retaliation, as Iowa would also bring Floyd to BB games the next time they get it back, and before long, it would simply be part of the tradition. It would have to be clear that Floyd is not at stake during BB games.

But how about taking the Slab of Bacon and making it a basketball rivalry trophy between Minnesota and Wisconsin?

Okay this guy is a Troll.

I thought a Troll was a large mythological creature that is somehow related to hobbits and eats children?

But seriously, bring Floyd to the Barn!!!

:rolleyes:

Did they end up doing anything for this at the game tonight? I didn't see any posts saying they had, so I figure the athletic dept. wasn't able to pull this together?

Too bad...would've been a great idea...

They did -- it was well received. Hat tip to marketing.

Yeah they actually did do it. It happened at the second TV timeout of the first half. Probably somewhere around 12 players and Floyd were brought onto the court. I saw that Bryant Allen was one of them, but I can't put faces to names for most of the football team so somebody else might have a better idea of everyone that was there. They threw some t shirts into the stands and got a really nice applause. It was a cool moment-I'm glad they made it happen.

Top Bottom