Devron Bostick Clears the Air

GopherLady

Reaction score
I just got a chance to speak with Devron. He wants to clear up any rumors that he is unhappy with the Gopher Basketball program. Bostick loves being a Gopher, and is taking full advantage of his University of Minnesota education. He's a very well-spoken young man, and understands why people would make assumptions, without knowing the full story. The Facebook status comments in question had to do with personal issues, and were not basketball related. He was also hurt that people would question his academics, when that has nothing to do with basketball, and he has done nothing but perform in the classroom at Minnesota.

Rest assured, he is very happy to be part of the program, and continues to work hard everyday to earn an opportunity to play.

Great Post, GopherLady. Thank YOU!!!!!!! I agree with you, enough of the gossip and bs. Let's play Basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you put those rumors to rest before they got out of control. I don't know if anything moves as fast as a rumor on the internet....even Devron!!!

Thanks GL for taking time out of your night to clear this up right away before it got out of hand.

Stupid

This is ridiculous. Over a facebook status? Stupid.

People say stupid $Hit all of the time on that website, myself included.
I feel bad for Bostick in this situation, he shouldn't have needed to clear the air.

I still appreicate it though, GL. Throwing some water on the troll fire is never a bad thing.

Didn't see any rumors and I wouldn't have believed them anyway :)

But thanks for the update.

I just got a chance to speak with Devron. He wants to clear up any rumors that he is unhappy with the Gopher Basketball program. Bostick loves being a Gopher, and is taking full advantage of his University of Minnesota education. He's a very well-spoken young man, and understands why people would make assumptions, without knowing the full story. The Facebook status comments in question had to do with personal issues, and were not basketball related. He was also hurt that people would question his academics, when that has nothing to do with basketball, and he has done nothing but perform in the classroom at Minnesota.

Rest assured, he is very happy to be part of the program, and continues to work hard everyday to earn an opportunity to play.

Thanks GL! This is exactly why we shouldn't jump to conclusions over someone's facebook status!

Please give Devron our apologies. Minnesota sports fans have become accustomed to heartbreaks, and I think because of that we tend to invent them where they don't exist.

if i would've known it would come to this, i would've never said anything...my god

Classy move by Gopher Lady to clear this up. No one can question that she dearly loves her Gophers.

IMO-I have to believe he is every bit as frustrated as the facebook posting stated. In fact I would be dissapointed if he is not. Any guy with a ton of ability- which he has- that thinks he can help the club should not be satisfied with the minutes he gets. If he's ticked off......good. He should meet with Tubby and figure out what he needs to improve to get on the court. Then he needs to do it in practice. From what I can see of our offense we could use some firepower.

However, if his minutes stay as they have been - I would be shocked if he DOESN'T transfer. With the guys we have incoming next year, I doubt if it is going to get better for him next year unless he is able to break into the lineup to a greater degree this year.

I'm with Art on this one

No matter what Devron said to Gopher Lady, we're not going to know the real truth until the season and/or spring semester is over. Until then, it's just speculation whether his coments were related to basketball or not.

Here's a vote for Devron lighting it up the rest of the way and helping the Gophers get to their first NCAA since 2005.

Sit out a year and play one more year?; unless he goes to D2. Get the education here and move on with you life if BB doesn't work out.

ruppert,

>>Get the education here and move on with you life if BB doesn't work out.<<

Let's not confuse Bostick, who was juco's POY, has probably started every game since grade school, and likely has some NBA dreams, with Payton who apparently doesn't care if he plays or not.

Payton had shoulder surgery before he came here and I suspect he can't get his shot back, so it probably doesn't matter where he goes in terms of playing time.

That's possible. However, his play is also weak when not shooting.

Top Bottom