Royce White Ruled ineligible for 2010-11 Season

Ok, my old "will Rodney ever play an NCAA game" odds are off the board! New odds to come.

Hmmmm

Celebrating in the misfortune of others, be it self inflicted or not, on Thanksgiving seems a little questionable.

I feel bad for the young man. I hope he pulls it together.

He Seems Happy There

Celebrating in the misfortune of others, be it self inflicted or not, on Thanksgiving seems a little questionable.

(clipped) ...White said "I am extremely happy with my decision to be a member of the Iowa State basketball team. It's my goal now to help this team any way I can during this season and prepare myself to be contributor on next year's team."

fot

(clipped) ...White said "I am extremely happy with my decision to be a member of the Iowa State basketball team. It's my goal now to help this team any way I can during this season and prepare myself to be contributor on next year's team."

Hopefully he can stay focused and succeed at ISU.

You are a class act! your mom must be proud of you!!

The evaluation of my class via message board is ridiculous. After all of the BS and distractions he pulled last year, there is no way I can root for him "because he's a good kid." You have no idea what type of person he is. I can only judge on my perception of him after I met him and saw him out and about last year and his whole ordeal.

The evaluation of my class via message board is ridiculous. After all of the BS and distractions he pulled last year, there is no way I can root for him "because he's a good kid." You have no idea what type of person he is. I can only judge on my perception of him after I met him and saw him out and about last year and his whole ordeal.

To quote Ken (Hawk) Harrelson, White Sox Homer Announcer: "He Gone!"

Dumb question here; if say Mbakwe goes pro in the spring, can Royce assuming his academics are in order play for the Gophs or would have to sit out again?

Dumb question here; if say Mbakwe goes pro in the spring, can Royce assuming his academics are in order play for the Gophs or would have to sit out again?

Holy Jesus Martha, do you even think Terry Smith, Gopher Coach, would even consider this question? I don't think so. Tubby was Rhoid's salvation. Rhoid said "Thanks, but no thanks."

Holy Jesus Martha, do you even think Terry Smith, Gopher Coach, would even consider this question? I don't think so. Tubby was Rhoid's salvation. Rhoid said "Thanks, but no thanks."

How long have you been drinking Dr. Don? :drink:

My understanding was that the U would not let Royce back in since he had dropped out without canceling his classes properly or in time; so it was an academic reason. I thought Tubby encouraged White to go the JC route, get his academics in order and perhaps return. So if Tubby, the U, and Royce want him back would Royce have to sit out again or not?

Touche Good sir.

CrocShots...I may not be the brightest porch light on the block, but in all honesty, the Building Permit has been issued. Happy Holidays, my friend. p.s. I am still waiting to hear from lakesbison about the $10 he owes me. :)

"Misfortune?"

Section201 wrote:

"...Celebrating in the misfortune of others..."

"Misfortune?"

His transgressions were his choices, made after repeated chances to change his behavior. Most of us know only a tiny fraction of all that went down with him at the U. There is no misfortune here--only logical consequences.

It's been the pattern of some posters, here and on Rivals, to excuse Royce's misdeeds and flawed character as the mistakes of an immature kid. That sort of enabling is the very reason Royce feels special and therefore entitled to behave any way he wants.

Let's not stake out any high moral ground here with respect to posters like me who think young Mr. White is getting exactly what he deserves.

uagain

Section201 wrote:

"...Celebrating in the misfortune of others..."

"Misfortune?"

His transgressions were his choices, made after repeated chances to change his behavior. Most of us know only a tiny fraction of all that went down with him at the U. There is no misfortune here--only logical consequences.

It's been the pattern of some posters, here and on Rivals, to excuse Royce's misdeeds and flawed character as the mistakes of an immature kid. That sort of enabling is the very reason Royce feels special and therefore entitled to behave any way he wants.

Let's not stake out any high moral ground here with respect to posters like me who think young Mr. White is getting exactly what he deserves.

My full sentence read: Celebrating in the misfortune of others, be it self inflicted or not, on Thanksgiving seems a little questionable.

I stand by that.

I did not say he should not suffer the consequences of his choices and actions.

Yeah, I don't understand laughing at Royce since he isn't a member of the Gopher basketball program anymore. He doesn't even play in our conference and will most likely never face him in any game unless both programs make the NCAA tourney. I agree with section201. Sounds like Royce has accepted he will be ineligible this year and hopes to be ready to contribute next year. Laughing at his expense seems trivial and immature. I couldn't care less about what Royce does or doesn't do anymore.

Yeah, I don't understand laughing at Royce since he isn't a member of the Gopher basketball program anymore. He doesn't even play in our conference and will most likely never face him in any game unless both programs make the NCAA tourney. I agree with section201. Sounds like Royce has accepted he will be ineligible this year and hopes to be ready to contribute next year. Laughing at his expense seems trivial and immature. I couldn't care less about what Royce does or doesn't do anymore.

alum...I really don't think anyone is laughing AT Royce. I think they are finding frustration with the decisions that Rhoid White has made to self-destruct from his own behaviors and the choices he has made about, for, and during his short life. For those transgressions, I feel sorry for Rhoid. He made those decisions, and now must live with them. And, his decisions have absolutely no influence on my life. Hind sight is always 20-20. We all have transgressions in our lives, just not as public as Rhoid's are.

Go Gophers!!!

Celebrating his ineligibility may be questionable, but why exactly do you feel bad for him? His ineligibility is 100% his fault. I can't even keep track of the number of times he seriously messed up last year.

But your evaluation of Royce from message board information and not knowing the kid beyond one meeting is okay? :rolleyes:

Really??

ug629

Celebrating his ineligibility may be questionable, but why exactly do you feel bad for him? His ineligibility is 100% his fault. I can't even keep track of the number of times he seriously messed up last year.

I agree his situation is his doing. I feel bad for people who make mistakes or choices that screw up their life. It is one of my weaknesses.

Fair enough. I was just making sure you didn't think that he was a victim.

I agree his situation is his doing. I feel bad for people who make mistakes or choices that screw up their life. It is one of my weaknesses.

Top Bottom