Chip's reverse

EG#9

Reaction score
deserves its own thread. Very impressive leaping ability/body control from Chip in garbage time.

That was a thing of beauty. I only wish espn3 didn't freeze up on the replay of it.

yea, who saw his behind the back pass to sampson for the dunk? flashy game to this kid. i love it.

Granted, it wasn't Purdue on the road, but I liked how all of the freshmen played tonight. For a class that had people bitching, all had a good game, even Maverick. He hit a 3, took care of the ball, was fine on defense, and had a nice drive and a dish. Hollins just looks smooth and poised. Chip really is explosive, and Mo had a good a game also. He's also becoming a crowd favorite. When he passed up another 3 late, you could hear some moans. I like that all 4 are aggressive, play with energy, and don't seem intimidated.

It happened with 2:00 min left in the 2nd half if anyone wants to check it out on the replay.

Wasn't able to watch the game on ESPN3 but I just caught Chip's reverse on SportsCenter. Absolute sick, they also showed his no look pass to Ralph which was also pretty flashy. I can't wait to see how this team does in conference play.

I wasn't sure what to expect with the late addition of Chip, but he has been very impressive so far. Kid's got some potential.

ESPN actually said, ...taking on Chip Armelin's Minnesota Gophers or something like that. I thought that was incredibly strange but they ended up showing both of his highlights.

On the radio, Grimm said, "If anyone at ESPN is paying attention, it will be on Sports Center." I guess they were paying attention. The kid has a future. Maybe Tubby can evaluate talent, afterall, eh?

My dream is that he would develop point guard skills for when Al leaves. That finishing abilty with being able to take care of the ball would be huge for this team in the future.

Armelin

Much like Williams if they ever develop a consistent outside shot, most notably a three point shot, then they will be players IMO. Otherwise all they are are highlight film snippets and limited in their abilities to get this team to the ultimate level.

Much like Williams if they ever develop a consistent outside shot, most notably a three point shot, then they will be players IMO. Otherwise all they are are highlight film snippets and limited in their abilities to get this team to the ultimate level.[/QUOT

As Clem used to say; "The best thing about freshmen and sophomores is they become juniors and seniors."

On the radio, Grimm said, "If anyone at ESPN is paying attention, it will be on Sports Center." I guess they were paying attention. The kid has a future. Maybe Tubby can evaluate talent, afterall, eh?

My dream is that he would develop point guard skills for when Al leaves. That finishing abilty with being able to take care of the ball would be huge for this team in the future.

That's a pretty good thought Holy Man. He may just be able to do it. He had another baseline drive with a beautiful assist to one of the bigs so he definitely sees the court. He's the best at driving to the hoop and finishing on the team.

If you were impressed by the baseline move, wait until you see his drive from right baseline where he jumps off two feet for a left-handed hammer slam.

It means that he wanted to say something, I don't know what, and went with "nm" to say "never mind" or "no message". I tend to think it means "nothing meaningful".

all he needs is a jumpshot. someone needs to teach this kid about rotation, but you never know, maybe he can make the knuckleball work. Acie law dominated college and none of his shots ever had rotation on them.

Agreed, I love Chip's game. He completely reminds me of Charles Thomas.

Who would have thought that the 2010 recruiting class will be better and more productive than the 2009 class.

Agreed, I love Chip's game. He completely reminds me of Charles Thomas.

QUOTE]

I don't quite see the Charles Thomas analogy, but he does make me wonder what Grier loked like as a Freshman.

Top Bottom