Joe Lunardi: Gophers Sweet 16 at least

GopherNation

Reaction score
Joe Lunardi with some kind words about the Gophers.

- Gophers have best early season resume
- Gophers are a heavy weight in the Big Ten along with Illinois, Ohio State, and Michigan State and will compete for title
- Gophers are a sweet 16 team at least

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5843074

Sounds sweet to hear that on TV!

ONE game at a time boys...

Go Gophers!

All of these accolades are great but now the Gophers have to go out and PROVE IT! Otherwise, these predictions mean nothing.

Well, we will pretty much know where they stand after the first two weeks of January. If they are 1-4 they probably won't be competing for the title. If they are 3-2 they are in the mix.

Really? Thanks for the heads up.

Yep, and we have never seen a college team let an early ranking get to their head and turn around and play miserably. Oh yeah that right, It happens all the time. While what I wrote may sound elementary, its not always a given in sports.

If we can live up to the hype (which I think we will) it will be tremendous for recruiting with the increase in national media exposure. These next few years are going to be crazy fun....Let's hope Tyus Jones gets on board early!

I think we need to be cautious as fans but I think this team could be really good. I could see us us losing anywhere from 2 to 6 games this season depending on the impact Devo makes when he returns.

Saw that also, I was pretty stoked to have national exposure! Hopefully it's not a Vikings style letdown....

We have a real shot to go undefeated when we get Devoe back. Al Nolen is a young Rajon Rondo, Rodney Williams is a young Rudy Gay, Hoffarber is a young Larry Bird, Ralph Sampson is a young Ralph Sampson, Trevor Mbawke is a young Shaun Kemp, and Colton Iverson is a young Kevin McHale. Yup, looks like this team is loaded.

We have a real shot to go undefeated when we get Devoe back. Al Nolen is a young Rajon Rondo, Rodney Williams is a young Rudy Gay, Hoffarber is a young Larry Bird, Ralph Sampson is a young Ralph Sampson, Trevor Mbawke is a young Shaun Kemp, and Colton Iverson is a young Kevin McHale. Yup, looks like this team is loaded.

Hyperbole.

The Gophers have an excellent chance at 25+ W this season (by its end).

Mbakwe is more like a young Barkley and Williams is more like a young Dominique Wilkins

Hey Buck, why underestimate this team? We don't even need Devoe to go defeated. Remember Tubby says our second team is as good as our starters. I don't see a loss on the schedule. The only remaining question is what color jerseys we will wear in the National Championship game.

Calling Trevor Shawn Kemp is a slap in the face for Trevor. Shawn Kemp blew all his money and impregnated enough women to form a small country.

Calling Trevor Shawn Kemp is a slap in the face for Trevor. Shawn Kemp blew all his money and impregnated enough women to form a small country.

What's wrong with that? Sounds like he's living the dream.

Joe Lunardi with some kind words about the Gophers.

- Gophers have best early season resume
- Gophers are a heavy weight in the Big Ten along with Illinois, Ohio State, and Michigan State and will compete for title
- Gophers are a sweet 16 team at least

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5843074

As of now, I think they got passed by UCONN, but still very impressive...

UConn earned it with two top ten wins this week. Hats off to the Huskies players. I don't like their coach, though.

That is OK. He doesn't like you either, so you are even. :)

Top Bottom