Actual height of the 4 big guys

TABinMO

Reaction score
The roster lists Iverson and Walker at 6'10" and Sampson and Eliason at 6'11".

I live out of Minnesota, so I only see the guys on TV, but it seems that Walker is a bit shorter than the others and Iverson is a bit taller. I wonder if the actual heights are not more like 6'11" for Iverson and Eliason, 6'10" for Sampson and 6'9" for Walker.

For those of you who have seen them in person, what do you think?

In Shoes

I think Iverson and Eliason are both 7-footers.

Sampson about 6-10 maybe 6-11.

Walker about 6-9 maybe 6-10.

In college players are usually measured with their shoes on. In shoes I'd say Eliason is 7' easy, Colt at least 6'11", Sampson 6'10", and Walker closer to 6'9". When the NBA draft comes they measure them without shoes which is why the 6'6" Sam Jacobesen was 6'4" and change and Quincy Lewis listed at 6'7" was 6'5" and change.

Yea shoes on I think Colton is about 6'11" and Ralph is probably 6'10" I'd think

I was really surprised the first time I saw Eliason next to Colton and Ralph. He looked a couple inches taller than both of them. I wouldn't be surprised if EE was 7'1".

In college players are usually measured with their shoes on. In shoes I'd say Eliason is 7' easy, Colt at least 6'11", Sampson 6'10", and Walker closer to 6'9". When the NBA draft comes they measure them without shoes which is why the 6'6" Sam Jacobesen was 6'4" and change and Quincy Lewis listed at 6'7" was 6'5" and change.

Are you sure about that? I’ve stood next to Jacobson and he sure seems like a legit 6’6” to me. My brother-in-law is just shy of 6’5” and Sam was clearly taller. And the NBA’s website lists him as 6’6” also.

Not that any of this is really important. :) But some people seem to think that everyone in basketball is lying about their height and I don’t think that’s true.

Are you sure about that? I’ve stood next to Jacobson and he sure seems like a legit 6’6” to me. My brother-in-law is just shy of 6’5” and Sam was clearly taller. And the NBA’s website lists him as 6’6” also.

Not that any of this is really important. :) But some people seem to think that everyone in basketball is lying about their height and I don’t think that’s true.

This is going back well over 10 years, but Jacobson's NBA predraft measurement was 6'4" without shoes.

Are you sure about that? I?ve stood next to Jacobson and he sure seems like a legit 6?6? to me. My brother-in-law is just shy of 6?5? and Sam was clearly taller. And the NBA?s website lists him as 6?6? also.

Not that any of this is really important. :) But some people seem to think that everyone in basketball is lying about their height and I don?t think that?s true.

Well when you stood next to him he was probably wearing shoes.:)
________
NX250

Great thread, I've always wondered what the big guys' real heights were. I haven't been in school since any of the current players started so I've never run into them. Used to see Rickert all the time...he didn't seem close to 6'11". Humphries seemed taller in person for some reason.

I've met them all last year out and about. They are huge. the girls around them were nowhere near their heights though.

The guys lie about their height
The ladys lie about their weight........oh that's right they don't list the women's weight.;)

I think it's an optical illusion with Mo because he's heavy so it makes him look shorter. If Ralph's 6'10", I believe Mo's 6'10" as well.

I have a college basketball magazine with Steve Smith of Michigan St. and Jim Jackson on the cover. Smith towers over Jackson. Both were listed at 6'6". At the NBA draft camp Jackson was 6'4" and Smith was almost 6'8". Jackson had the normal fudge factor added to his while I heard Smith grew two or more inches in college and they never changed it on the roster.

Top Bottom