ESPN3 on Xbox

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
I am pissed at myself.

I listened to that Western Kentucky vs MN game on the radio. About a quarter of the way into it I tried to log on to ESPN3 from my home computer and it just froze. I messed with it for about 15 minutes and then just went back to the radio and listened to the rest of the game.

Meanwhile, I have an xbox with a xbox live gold subscription connected directly to the internet and HDMI to my TV.

I was a regular xbox addict, mostly because I was pretty good at the first person shooter games. In fact, I ended up being ranked something like 2000 out of millions of players on Call of Duty 4, in kills. But, I got sort of burned out and started to take some time off after CoD Modern Warfare came out last fall. By December, one of those "breaks" just ended up lasting to now... basically a year. I just got burned out.

Anyway, as I got detatched from xbox, I also got out of the loop and didn't realize ESPN was running through xbox live, and how EASY it was to set up. I got it running last night and was impressed by the picture quality, and the ability to run it on my main TV instead of a computer.

sooooo... in other words I am looking forward to watching the NDSU game against the Gophers tonight from the comfort of my man-cave.

I was a regular xbox addict, mostly because I was pretty good at the first person shooter games. In fact, I ended up being ranked something like 2000 out of millions of players on Call of Duty 4, in kills.

Sure you want to admit that? :)

I used the ESPN3 dealy on xbox for the first time last week - same thoughts you had, very impressed. One thing I noted some others mentioning that I also experienced was that early on, there were some issues with freezing (just for 1 to 5 seconds)... but after maybe ten minutes of watching, the freezing stopped and I had no more issues during the remainder of the game.

PS - I bought Madden the day it came out this year. It's still in the shrink wrap. I hope to take some time to try it out this weekend.

Yeah, I'm also an xbox 360 addict (been loving Black Ops), and therefore, I knew all about ESPN on the 360, and have been ecstatic since they announced it. It's a great feature, it streams in HD on my tv, and there have been few hiccups.

Yeah, I'm also an xbox 360 addict (been loving Black Ops), and therefore, I knew all about ESPN on the 360, and have been ecstatic since they announced it. It's a great feature, it streams in HD on my tv, and there have been few hiccups.

Between that and streaming Netflix, it's a good thing. Add on COD or Halo and some Guitar Hero and Xbox is a great thing. When it's not broken, that is. Got the 3-ring of death 2 months ago, sent it in for repair, got it back after 3 weeks, and it immediately had a freezing-up issue. That issue got steadily worse, and finally I called XBox support, who said I need to send it back in. (Nice.) So, now I'm back to trying to watch the Gophers tonight on my computer in the office, instead of in my living room.

Of course, by the time I get it back from another repair again, the Gophers probably won't be on ESPN3 much anymore lol. Such is life.

Count me in for some COD Black Ops and now some ESPN3. After the game I am probably hopping on for more COD.

Xbox360 4 life

(gamertag: zales)

I watched the 2nd half of the game tonight on Xbox for the first time. After everything got installed it worked like a charm. During commericials I could switch to another game very easily, heck, even Venezualan League baseball. I was really impressed.

Does your cable provider need to support E3 for it to work on your 360 (just like on the comp)? I have a gold account and play 360 alot and last time I tried going on the espn 360 it would just show me highlights and no actual games..

Gamertag: BERGET13, I play NBA 2K11, NCAA Football 11, Black Ops, and alot others..

Does your cable provider need to support E3 for it to work on your 360 (just like on the comp)? I have a gold account and play 360 alot and last time I tried going on the espn 360 it would just show me highlights and no actual games..

Gamertag: BERGET13, I play NBA 2K11, NCAA Football 11, Black Ops, and alot others..

Yes.. need the cable provider to be down with ESPN3

#2000? You must have logged an average of like 6 hours per day.

No... Just didn't play other games including Treyarch's follow up the next year. By the time MW2 came out, I finally switched but only played it about a month before feeling burned out. I quit playing and didn't log another hour for nearly a year.

Top Bottom