Bostick's Facebook Status...uh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliksealy

Reaction score
I'm friends with Bostick on facebook. This was his status at 5:40 PM

Devron Thru wit all dis... Dnt nothin matta to me nomo it's jus till da end of dis yr

Translated: I'm through with all of this....Don't anything matter to me anymore, it's just till the end of this year.

What does this mean? Obviously he's upset with his lack of playing time...is he gonna transfer after this year??

UPDATE: As of 7:10 PM, he has now cleared his facebook status.

if he's a player that quits when things get hard and obstacles come in his way then oh well i guess...

malik,

You're either a liar or not much of a friend.

Bostick has game. Without more playing time, he'll never be able to take that next step up to a starting role. I'd say he has more upside than several guys who are currently playing his minutes. If he thinks promises were made when he enrolled, I can't fault him for his frustration. It's not like this team already has several go-to offensive threats...or even one. His class attendance this semester will likely reveal his true plans.

No kidding - nice friend to publicize this to eveyone on this board. However, I do give you credit for your ability to translate that jibberish. As mentioned, if that actually is true and he actaully feels that way it won't be a loss for the program in any way.

I'm friends with Bostick on facebook. This was his status at 5:40 PM

Devron Thru wit all dis... Dnt nothin matta to me nomo it's jus till da end of dis yr

Translated: I'm through with all of this....Don't anything matter to me anymore, it's just till the end of this year.

What does this mean? Obviously he's upset with his lack of playing time...is he gonna transfer after this year??

Perfect. There's the 2nd schooly needed for next year...

ha, im not his friend. im just "friends" with him on facebook. i dont personally know devron.

either way if he puts that on his status, he wants people to see it

No kidding - nice friend to publicize this to eveyone on this board. However, I do give you credit for your ability to translate that jibberish. As mentioned, if that actually is true and he actaully feels that way it won't be a loss for the program in any way.

If he puts it on Facebook, then it's "public".

How difficult is it to type "with" vs. "wit" or "this" vs. "dis"? Glad to see he's using that free U of M education....

why the hell would i lie about that? i thought it was quite troublesome that he wrote it..im a big fan of devron

facebook is a social networking site. people have up to thousands of friends, and the information written on the sites are not private, so i'm not sure how bad of a "friend" he is.

Hard to believe a guy with writing skills like that has earned the requisite Associates degree to make him D-I eligible.

Hard to believe a guy with writing skills like that has earned the requisite Associates degree to make him D-I eligible.

as a junior college transfer to minnesota i know that one does not need an associates degree to transfer to the U.

ha, im not his friend. im just "friends" with him on facebook. i dont personally know devron.

either way if he puts that on his status, he wants people to see it

I just joined Facebook about 2-3 weeks ago and I have about 50 "friends" so far, however I literally know all 50 of those people and they know me. I love how people have 700 friends on Facebook and half of them are complete strangers. Why would you accept a friend request from someone you don't know?? Is there a competition I'm not aware of? I doubt it's really the real Devron Bostick, just some imposter....

Hope he is not thinking of transfering, he has the most offensive talent on the team. But if you do not play defense you deserve no playing time.

GO GOPHERS!

facebook is a social networking site. people have up to thousands of friends, and the information written on the sites are not private, so i'm not sure how bad of a "friend" he is.

OK - I understand Facebook and am on it myself - I guess I just assumed that since I actually know most of my facebook friends and consider them friends in "real life" that this person would probably know Devron. Sorry if I miscalculated ... but in any case as I stated earlier, if this is truly how he feels than DO NOT get all worked up about this. There is nothing worse than a guy who isn't committed. If this is true, it also explains his PT today since I'm sure Tubby has been seeing things in practice that lead up to this. I agree with Art, it opens up a spot if he wants out.

Art, It's Devron for sure. You can see all of his pictures and everything.

If a non-predictor out of HS opts for the juco route, he can not become D-I eligible without first completing a legit associates degree. That's why Carter had to complete summer classes before moving on to Minnesota.

where was he today, 1 minute?

IF this is true and IF he's not happy and IF he's been carrying this over to practice, etc ... it would not surpise me at all that he only gets 1 minute. Tubby isn't going to put guys on the floor who aren't 100 percent on board. He's got too many guys he can play, too much stature as a coach, and too many good players coming in. Again, IF ...

If a non-predictor out of HS opts for the juco route, he can not become D-I eligible without first completing a legit associates degree. That's why Carter had to complete summer classes before moving on to Minnesota.

didn't know that.

what's the deal with carter, he is a sophmore? didn't he transfer from a juco? did he get his AA early?

1. Bostick has 1273 friends, so it's not hard to believe some would post here.

2. If he is really giving up, then we don't need him on the team. That's pathetic. Maybe he should play better D. Maybe he should develop a pump fake and drive to the hoop instead of just jacking up 3's that he isn't making. I dont get all the clamor for him to play because he is going to score. The guy has played two good games this year: PSU and Wisconsin. The Wisconsin game is the only one all year where he even attempted to drive to the basket. He reminds me of Rashad McCants, and he doesn't play anymore either. I have questions for Tubby, but if this is all Bostick is going to play, there must be a reason.

3. That status update is just ridiculous. Seriously, how is it easier to write that way than just spelling for real? I get it a little bit when texting because it is quick and small, but why on Facebook?

4. I am a teacher, so it drives me nuts to read that; however, to say he is wasting his education is almost as dumb. Kids write that way. It's stupid, but it doesn't mean he can't write normally as well. I am not going to judge his intelligence based on that update. I'd rather see how he is really doing in the classroom.

IF this is true and IF he's not happy and IF he's been carrying this over to practice, etc ... it would not surpise me at all that he only gets 1 minute. Tubby isn't going to put guys on the floor who aren't 100 percent on board. He's got too many guys he can play, too much stature as a coach, and too many good players coming in. Again, IF ...

completely agree

Perhaps this is more indicative of a frustrated 20 year old right after a game where he was pulled after about 10 seconds than it is of his plans for the future. I also would hazard to guess that he can spell, and just isn't choosing to at the moment.

Bostick only played 1 minute today, so there could be some issues we don't know about. I don't know if I ever recalled him playing so little in a game since he's been here.

I wondered why Hoffarber was on the floor looking like he didn't belong on a high school court for 20+ minutes the other night against Purdue when Bostick was collecting splinters. We don't beat Wisky if he doesn't go off and now his face is on milk cartons. Something must have gone down between now and the second half of our bus trip to Madison/Chicago.

hey folks

he is texting here. for those of us who do that, it's not jibberish. it's a language not necessarily meant for you to understand.

and the kid is bummed out that he's not getting playing time. lay off.

If he puts it on Facebook, then it's "public".

How difficult is it to type "with" vs. "wit" or "this" vs. "dis"? Glad to see he's using that free U of M education....

Don't give me that B.S. You can't read his status unless you are friends with him. If I were Bostick, I would be pretty upset that someone posted my status on here. I honestly think this thread should be deleted. I don't think it's fair for people to be analyzing a personal situation they no nothing about. Additionally, you can't judge his intelligence by how he writes his status. There's my rant for the night.

he is texting here. for those of us who do that, it's not jibberish. it's a language not necessarily meant for you to understand.

and the kid is bummed out that he's not getting playing time. lay off.

"Not meant for you to understand." Gimmie a break. We aren't building NASA rockets here. I didn't say I was 95 years old and don't get it.

Yes, he's bummed and as the previous poster mentioned we probably shouldn't be speculating (but I'm still with Art - it IS public when you put it out there). Luckily - and fortunately, I don't think Tubby gives a crap when any of us think about any of his guys. Its his team, his players, and all of this will sor titself out.

Let's hope Devron finds his way back into 15-20 minutes per game. I love him in a Gopher uniform!

Don't jump to conclusions!

It's a Facebook status, nothing more, nothing less.

I know there was a Gopher football player last year, ripping on the coaches during the season, and calling them names, including the "N" word. I sent him an email just letting him know that these things get posted on message boards, in a heartbeat, and the coaches will find out. I think all of us get that it will get out - but I think he literally had no clue. He took down all of his statuses expressing his discontent with the football team.

It's just like any one of us, that have a knee-jerk reaction to things. How many of us wanted to throw in the towel after that infamous Clemson game a few years back. You say things you don't mean, and get them out on Facebook like it's a journal...but they forget they have 1000+ "friends" reading it.

Also, you have no idea what he was referring to, he could be talking about a girlfriend he's breaking up with. I know a few players have had status about being "over it" and messages to that effect, and they're talking about their girls, not the sport.

Let's just not jump to conclusions, or get worked up over a status message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom