PR thoughts and a question.

sal

Reaction score
First of all, Puerto Rico was great. It is so easy to travel there. Cell phone? Check. GPS? Check. Dollar bills? Check. Beaches? Check. Mountains? Check. No passport necessary. You have all the advantages of the US of A in a tropical setting. The people are friendly and the climate and scenery are truly amazing. If you are thinking of Mexico, PR might be a better option. Anyway...we had a great trip. The games have been well dissected and I will only add that Al Nolan was the most valuable player for the Gophs (IMHO) and Trevor is a full grown man and will be hard to handle. OK, Colton is also my pick to be the most disliked player in the Big Ten. You gotta love Big South Dakota. I will leave my recap at that. So... my clock management on the DVR was not great (I missed the last 5 minutes of both games). I set the games before I departed but left myself no room for long games etc. My question is, does someone have a DVD of both the UNC and WVU complete games? Will you send a copy? PM me and I'm sure we can work out a deal. Thanks in advance.

The championship game is listed on ESPN3 under replay (several threads on how to hook-up to TV assume would work with dvr).

http://espn.go.com/espn3/

The North Carolina game is still not listed - been checking. :mad:

I did not dvr the games - sorry.

Thanks for the recap of Puerto Rico - what were the fans like? Got the impression on TV that WVU fans were over the top?

WVU had the largest contingent of fans based on my unscientific observations. A pretty big group from UNC and Minnesota held it's own. I never attended the "other groups" games so I'm unsure of the Vandy, Davidson, Nebraska etc, numbers. The WVU fans were a confident and boisterous lot, over the top? Close. The next day at the San Juan airport it was interesting that no one from WVU seemed to look me in the eye or give me the begrudging smile as I strolled through in my Gopher T-shirt, Oh well. The UNC faction had more of a quiet and umm, slightly arrogant attitude about them. They were also fairly subdued. No other team had as good of a cheer as the M I N N E S O T A portion of The Rouser, it stood out.

PR thoughts +1

+1 for all of Sal's comments about PR. It is like Mexico's weather and no inconvenience. During the game, the WVa fans were as obnoxious as any opponent. Just like Huggins.

After the game, I spoke to several who were good overall basketball fans and had good things to say about our team, especially Tubby. In the Hilton (where both teams stayed) lobby after the game, there was just one WVa fan who could not get over the loss. She yelled "as- ho--" at Colton when he walked by. I agree that Colton will be the most disliked player in the Big 10. Our South Dakota enforcer.

Top Bottom