Trevor Mbakwe = Reggie Evans?

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Has this comparison been made before? Sorry if so and I missed it.

TM reminds me of the hated Hawkeye from earlier in the decade, and not just because they wear the same number. Both are 6'8", around 240 lbs, and can be a terror on the glass. Both seem not inept, but not great offensively. Post moves aren't top notch, but strength is. Both can hit a 15 ft. jumper when needed.

Someone asked me if Trev was an NBA talent, and Evans is exactly the player that came to mind. Great athlete, excellent rebounder and defender.

Great take! I completely agree that Mbakwe is in the Reggie Evans mold. Tough as nails physically and mentally and loves to compete. Not to mention that both are just two year players. Hopefully the Gophs have as much success with Mbakwe as Iowa had with Evans (Recker). Maybe Mbakwe has a little brother as good as Tyreke Evans to bring to the U too!

The Reggie Evans of the NBA and Tyreke Evans have no relation. Tyreke does have a brother named Reggie, though.

Has this comparison been made before? Sorry if so and I missed it.

TM reminds me of the hated Hawkeye from earlier in the decade, and not just because they wear the same number. Both are 6'8", around 240 lbs, and can be a terror on the glass. Both seem not inept, but not great offensively. Post moves aren't top notch, but strength is. Both can hit a 15 ft. jumper when needed.

Easy on the 15ft jumper when needed unless we've only needed like 2 this year. That's the piece that'll make him a legit candidate for the NBA if he can develop a dependable J. My guess is he will.

Top Bottom