Freshmen

Gopher in Texas

Reaction score
Give Maverick and the other freshmen a chance. Per DJ from a really good interview From The Barn. Give them a chance to adjust to the speed of the game.

Quote:

From The Barn: Not too long ago, a lot of people would have been surprised that you would end up playing professional basketball anywhere. You red-shirted your freshman year, and didn’t get a whole lot of playing time the next year. Yet, you ended up a captain, one of the best defenders in the conference, and one of the most important players on the team. What happened? How did you improve so much in such a short period of time?

Damian Johnson: I mean it is kind of tough for a freshman in a conference like the big ten. The problem in sports nowadays is fans aren’t patient enough to give players time to develop and want coaches to run players off and get rid of them which a lot of fans wanted after my freshman year. I feel like by my junior I was more comfortable playing ball than ever in my life, so it wasn’t much of a transformation, but It was more of me becoming adjusted and comfortable with the speed of the game.

http://fromthebarn.org/2010/09/26/f...oks-back-on-the-gophers-and-forward-to-japan/

Top Bottom