Andre Hollins

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Andre text Monter yesterday saying he is very excited and proud after watching the Gophers this weekend and that he scored 38 points in his last game.

Excited for this kid, I find some elements of Russel Westbrook in him. Athlete who gets to the rim, but Hollins is probably a better shooter. Both combo guards but westbrook has turned into a fine PG for OKC.

Hopefully Hollins can grasp being a pg at the Big Ten level

I seem to recall that Andre was moving to pg now, his senior year - so was it 38 pts in that position?

Isn't it nice to have recruits excited to be here after seeing us against a ranked opponent?!

Excited for this kid, I find some elements of Russel Westbrook in him. Athlete who gets to the rim, but Hollins is probably a better shooter. Both combo guards but westbrook has turned into a fine PG for OKC.

Hopefully Hollins can grasp being a pg at the Big Ten level

I'm excited too but let's ease up on the R West comparisons...Westbrook is what Marbury should have, could have been. He's insanely good. So strong...he's elite in the NBA.

I'm excited too but let's ease up on the R West comparisons...Westbrook is what Marbury should have, could have been. He's insanely good. So strong...he's elite in the NBA.

Yeah i know its a bit of a stretch, but couldnt resist. Agreed he is an elite PG in the NBA.

Hopefully Hollins adds some more strength otherwise he wont be able to drive and finish like he does in HS

38 points is impressive from the PG position, but does anyone have any info on how he has looked as PG so far? Obviously he's probably only played a few games and it is too early to get a good read on him, but I'm impatient.

I think one think Hollins has going for him in his transition to the PG spot is his intelligence. He's a sharp guy so his court awareness should be solid. I'm sure he will probably need to work on his handles. I think this was a great "get" by Tubby and his staff along with Coleman.

I have confidence that Hollins will be a fine PG for us. Although I think Chip could actually turn into a PG if he worked on his ball handling. He probably has the best first step on the team and is very good at getting to the hoop.

box score

Andre's high school basketball team's box score from second game-- link at bottom

Game #2 @ Bolivar High School November 20, 2010
Hall of Fame Game
White Station 76 Nashville Overton 67
Nashville Overton: Alsup-1, Roberson-2, Dowdell-2, lewis-4,
Henderson-2, Perry-5, Wilson-6, McPhail-6, Shane Jenkins-10,
Frank Lobasco-10, Mookey Betts-17 .
White Station: Davell Roby-1, Tevin Gates-1, William Woodfork-1,
Devin Thornton-2, Larry Spicer-2, Andre Hollins-39, Nino
Johnson-6, Rodriguez Tucker-3, Marvin Williams-6, LaRon Black-15.

(N/A) Nashville Overton 7 - 18 - 15 - 25 / 67
(2-0) White Station 19 - 14 - 22 - 21 / 76

http://www.whitestationhoops.com/10-11.html

Andre's high school basketball team's box score from second game-- link at bottom

Game #2 @ Bolivar High School November 20, 2010
Hall of Fame Game
White Station 76 Nashville Overton 67
Nashville Overton: Alsup-1, Roberson-2, Dowdell-2, lewis-4,
Henderson-2, Perry-5, Wilson-6, McPhail-6, Shane Jenkins-10,
Frank Lobasco-10, Mookey Betts-17 .
White Station: Davell Roby-1, Tevin Gates-1, William Woodfork-1,
Devin Thornton-2, Larry Spicer-2, Andre Hollins-39, Nino
Johnson-6, Rodriguez Tucker-3, Marvin Williams-6, LaRon Black-15.

(N/A) Nashville Overton 7 - 18 - 15 - 25 / 67
(2-0) White Station 19 - 14 - 22 - 21 / 76

http://www.whitestationhoops.com/10-11.html

I think Hollins is #20 and its funny he is the only smiling in the team picture.

I have confidence that Hollins will be a fine PG for us. Although I think Chip could actually turn into a PG if he worked on his ball handling. He probably has the best first step on the team and is very good at getting to the hoop.

Yeah, if Andre is as good as advertised, our wings in a few years are going to be dynamic. Armelin, Hollins and Hollins.

It is great to hear that Andre is excited about his future team. I am excited to see him at Williams Arena next season. I think he will be a very good player at MN.

Don't forget Coleman.

Yep, good call.

It's such a nice mix of players who will excel at getting to the rim (Coleman and Armelin) and then guys who are probably more comfortable shooting (Hollins and Hollins). It sounds like Hollins is comfortable doing both.

I still think of the calls nest year: "Hollins outlet to Hollins, back to Hollins, back to Hollins for the slam and one. Man, that Hollins is all over the floor!"

I still think of the calls nest year: "Hollins outlet to Hollins, back to Hollins, back to Hollins for the slam and one. Man, that Hollins is all over the floor!"

There will be a Uni Watch entry for the Hollins' NOB next year.

Will it be: Au. Hollins and An. Hollins, or will they go the middle initial route?

There will be a Uni Watch entry for the Hollins' NOB next year.

Will it be: Au. Hollins and An. Hollins, or will they go the middle initial route?

Do we know their middle initials? Let's not assume THOSE are even different just yet.

Reminds me of the old dial phones. I got a wrong number once, and the other end said: "I think you put your finger into the a-hole instead of the p-hole. I LMAO and hung up. That was the days before Caller ID!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Andre Hollins had 17 points in the Spartans’ 85-48 win over Kingsbury in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Classic Monday. The Spartans led 55-20 at halftime. They are 3-0 as Hollins is averaging 23.0 points per game. Talented freshman LaRon Black scored 18 points in the win.

I also scolded Hollins. He had texted me that he had scored 38 points when he really had 39, according to the school. I told him not to be so modest. God knows, I would have been saying I had 42 points, if it was me.

Chris Monter: Are you saying we just might have a super-scoring, play-making, assist leading point guard coming in next year?

Doctor, you're good for at least a laugh a day, and I thank you for it!

Doctor, you're good for at least a laugh a day, and I thank you for it!

Thanks JGopher. Humor and Variety are the spice of life, as long as we have enough beer in the fridge, which I always do. I never laugh, smile, or wink the same way twice. Life can be fun and full of spice, if we all stop trying to control other people with our pissing contests and lectures. Relax and enjoy... lakes bison: Gophers by 10 for $10, you know how to get ahold of me?

Andre's schedule -- Play Cory Josephs school Dec 2 (Finley Prep)

Link at bottom
Day Date Opponent Site Time WS Opp.
TUE Nov. 16 Cordova (Hall of Fame) Spartan Palace 7:30 41 39
SAT Nov. 20 Nashville Overton (Hall of Fame) Bolivar, TN 5:30 76 67

Martin Luther King, Jr. Classic Memphis, TN
MON Nov. 22 Kingsbury Spartan Palace 6:00 85 48
TUE Nov. 23 Hamilton Hamilton 1:00
WED Nov. 24 TBA Melrose TBA
FRI Nov. 26 TBA Melrose TBA

Lausanne Classic Memphis, TN
THU Dec. 2 Finley Prep (NV) Lausanne TBA
FRI Dec. 3 La Lumiere (IN) Lausanne TBA