Say what you want...

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
... but the Rodents are 3-1 on the road in the BT through 8 games. When was the last time you could say that?

Gophers were rugged today, Indiana made some real prayers (not just the halftime shot), and was playing with a strong crowd behind them. At the end of the day, a win is a win, particularly on the road. Survive and move on, whatever you want to call it. 8-for-15 from the arc for the Hoosiers sums up why the game was even within shouting distance.

I don't care how well-coached you are, it's hard to get jacked up to play a team that's 5-12, 0-6 in conference play, particularly when your confidence might be lacking after a couple of losses.

Let's face it, the Gophers are essentially what we thought they were before the season; a middle of the pack Big Ten team, in the 4-6 range or so, and that's just where they are. You may not like how some of the games have gone but I don't think a single ONE of us would have pegged them at 17-3 through 20 games.

Winning one of the next three will be tough, but then the Rodents finish with a very manageable stretch run to close the season. Let's see how they finish.

Let's get JACKED UP for ILLINOIS!!!! If someone told me that we would be 17-3 through 20 games, regardless of how it happened, I would be very surprised. Finish strong!!

... but the Rodents are 3-1 on the road in the BT through 8 games. When was the last time you could say that?

Gophers were rugged today, Indiana made some real prayers (not just the halftime shot), and was playing with a strong crowd behind them. At the end of the day, a win is a win, particularly on the road. Survive and move on, whatever you want to call it. 8-for-15 from the arc for the Hoosiers sums up why the game was even within shouting distance.

I don't care how well-coached you are, it's hard to get jacked up to play a team that's 5-12, 0-6 in conference play, particularly when your confidence might be lacking after a couple of losses.

Let's face it, the Gophers are essentially what we thought they were before the season; a middle of the pack Big Ten team, in the 4-6 range or so, and that's just where they are. You may not like how some of the games have gone but I don't think a single ONE of us would have pegged them at 17-3 through 20 games.

Winning one of the next three will be tough, but then the Rodents finish with a very manageable stretch run to close the season. Let's see how they finish.

MJ---You are correct sir...Let's beat Illinois and we're good....

Top Bottom