Chip

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Count me among those who found the signing of Chip to be curios. Same with Maverick. But there was Chip playing with poise and contributing in the final minutes of a big game in only his 5th NCAA game. His energy gets him to loose balls, rebounds, and he's not afraid to go into thE paint. He'll be fun to watch the next four years. And Mav was part of that first half run that brought us even with the hillbillys.

I will never question your signings again Tubby. My bad.

Oh, and along that same line of thought, if Tubby thinks Noreen doesn't fit in here, then he doesn't fit in here.

Count me among those who found the signing of Chip to be curios. Same with Maverick. But there was Chip playing with poise and contributing in the final minutes of a big game in only his 5th NCAA game. His energy gets him to loose balls, rebounds, and he's not afraid to go into thE paint. He'll be fun to watch the next four years. And Mav was part of that first half run that brought us even with the hillbillys.

I will never question your signings again Tubby. My bad.

Oh, and along that same line of thought, if Tubby thinks Noreen doesn't fit in here, then he doesn't fit in here.

Agree completely. I also questioned the Chip signing; never again. That kid can play. He is extremely athletic, as evidenced by out-jumping guys in both the UNC and WVU games. And he has a knack for scoring.

I think it is awesome we have true freshman that are able to contribute meaningful minutes and points. They will make some mistakes but so far they have done well. I am loving the depth on this team.

Chip Armellin reminds me a lot of Charles Thomas. I love this kid!!

Chip Armellin reminds me a lot of Charles Thomas. I love this kid!!

Big if- but if Armelin finds a reliable jumper, look out, he has the ability to be a star 2 guard in a few years. The mentality and athleticism are there already- no doubt about it. If he'd have come in as a 4 star we'd be thinking he was the real deal already. Only the perception of how we got him makes us doubt.

How much basketball has he played in his life? They always talk about him being a stud football player which makes me think he hasn't played a great deal of bball. Now that he is devoted to basketball he can improve leaps and bounds. High ceiling for this kid.

How much basketball has he played in his life? They always talk about him being a stud football player which makes me think he hasn't played a great deal of bball. Now that he is devoted to basketball he can improve leaps and bounds. High ceiling for this kid.

4 years of HS basketball (starter each year) and 3X All-Stater in Louisiana.

1 year of HS football (starter) and All-Stater in Louisiana.

Actually just the reverse of what you thought (in HS).

It's still very early, but I trust Chip with the ball more than most on this team. The kid can get to the hole with authority and doesn't seem to get rattled after one miss.

He's definitely played better basketball than I anticipated so early. Hearing he was a great athlete who can get to the rack had me very intrigued about him, but he just looks like he belongs out there as well, very comfortable with the ball in his hands, aggressive. If Tubby can coach him up, he should be a very good one.

Chip's a slasher and someone who can score a variety of ways. We need that. He's the kind of recruit that normally goes to a mid-major and then by his JR year everyone is wondering how the big schools missed this guy. I'm glad we got him.

Grittier than Charles Thomas I think, to me he's more Nate Tubbs with some scoring.

What I am most surprised by in Chip is his poise. At times when the Gophers looked like they were playing with strung-out nerves, he looked calm as a hindu cow. Freshmen aren't supposed to be that poised, especially in big games.

the amazing thing with Chip is he was basicaly discovered from You tube highlights, guess it really is a new era. He really needs to work on this jump shot in the off season, not that its bad but if he can become a consistant outside threat, look out.

the amazing thing with Chip is he was basicaly discovered from You tube highlights, guess it really is a new era. He really needs to work on this jump shot in the off season, not that its bad but if he can become a consistant outside threat, look out.

That's how Justin Bieber was discovered, too.

I had never heard of Chip Armelin until this summer.

He's a very good player for an August signee.

That's how Justin Bieber was discovered, too.

I had never heard of Chip Armelin until this summer.

He's a very good player for an August signee.

Hmm, you win some you lose some... trying to figure out if the signing of Chip was worth the rise of Justin Bieber. I'll get back to you in 4 years.

Really? What's the story on this?

As a grown man that doesn't read gossip magazines, watch TMZ or listen to garbage music, Justin Beiber rarely comes across my realm of conscious. Its just like how I don't hang around any dumb people so dumb stuff doesn't happen to me

I don't read magazines or follow his personal life, but he does have some catchy songs. I have never watched TMZ in my life.
________
Sativa Strains

He sort of reminds me of a smaller version of Vincent Greer (it's probably the unavoidable left handed comparisons). He has an ultra quick first step, he seems like he could get to the FT line quite a bit, both tough, both rebounded a bit and both had to work on their outside shot.

He sort of reminds me of a smaller version of Vincent Greer (it's probably the unavoidable left handed comparisons). He has an ultra quick first step, he seems like he could get to the FT line quite a bit, both tough, both rebounded a bit and both had to work on their outside shot.

I don't think Bieber will ever be the player that Vincent Grier was.
________
Marijuana

Top Bottom