Katz excellent artible.

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Link

I expect Joseph to be a better and more focussed player when he comes back.

Players playing with "an edge, purpose and passion." When was the last time we could say that about a Gopher team? Maybe the overachieving Hagen, Robinson, Lawson and Grier season, but even that is a stretch. No, it is more likely '97.

Players playing with "an edge, purpose and passion." When was the last time we could say that about a Gopher team? Maybe the overachieving Hagen, Robinson, Lawson and Grier season, but even that is a stretch. No, it is more likely '97.

'97? We didn't have a team in '97.

'97? We didn't have a team in '97.

:cool: Save it. If this team continues winning, there will be comparisons to 1997 brought up many more times this year. Can we please not have one of these snide remarks posted every single time?

Most of us enjoy reliving those memories. Those of you who want to let your memories be dictated by the arbitrary decisions of the NCAA can keep it to yourself. I consider the punishment to be the Monson era, not having parts of my brain erased by men in suits. Is Auburn forgetting this football season as it goes? I doubt it.

Is an "artible" something that you can read, and then EAT when you done? Is it good with mayo?

Anyway... nice read - thanks for the link!

Apparently Katz doesn't acknowledge junior college basketball as college basketball. I'm quite certain Trevor played college basketball while there.

When I think of the Hagen et al team, I remember Hagen the walk-on giving everything he had--resulting in falling into the stands but earning a scholarship; I remember Grier's mano-a-mano duels above the rim; I remember Lawson accomplishing far more than his talent should have allowed by playing so intelligently; and I remember Little A--nobody thought he would ever play significant minutes, but by the end he was the best point guard we'd had in a while. To me, that team had an abundance of edge, purpose and passion. What it lacked was talent and depth (and maybe sophisticated coaching.)

Not to criticize article sharers, but this is the third or so time that this has been posted. Articles usually show up here roughly .5 seconds after they are published.

Top Bottom