B10 Schedule

borninthebarn

True Believer
Reaction score
Looking at the first few games of the B10 schedule, we will very quickly know if we are for real. 3 of 4 on the road to start and probably 4 of the top 5 teams in the league in our first 5 games.

12/28 - @Wisc
12/31 - @MSU (Is it me or do we seem to play Sparty on New Years Eve every year)
1/4 - Indiana
1/9 - @OSU
1/13 - Purdue

That is a brutal start to the B10. If we can go 3-2 in those games, I would be happy. 4-1 thrilled. It is not a stretch for us to start 2-3 or even 1-4. The end of the schedule is much better - most of the tough games are at home (MSU, OSU, ILL, @PU). I could see us finishing 8-2 or 9-1, which would be great come selection Sunday.

Looking at the first few games of the B10 schedule, we will very quickly know if we are for real. 3 of 4 on the road to start and probably 4 of the top 5 teams in the league in our first 5 games.

12/28 - @Wisc
12/31 - @MSU (Is it me or do we seem to play Sparty on New Years Eve every year)
1/4 - Indiana
1/9 - @OSU
1/13 - Purdue

That is a brutal start to the B10. If we can go 3-2 in those games, I would be happy. 4-1 thrilled. It is not a stretch for us to start 2-3 or even 1-4. The end of the schedule is much better - most of the tough games are at home (MSU, OSU, ILL, @PU). I could see us finishing 8-2 or 9-1, which would be great come selection Sunday.

I'll be fine if they come out of that 2-3. That stretch contains 3 out 4 of our toughest games this season(not counting tournaments). 3-2 would be wonderful, and would put us in a good spot to win the big ten.

Another poster mentioned this schedule might be a nice break for the Gophers as we visit two tough teams while much of their student sections are home for the Holidays.

12/28 - @Wisc
12/31 - @MSU

we will very quickly know if we are for real...

Oh we are for real alright.

We only have to play Wisconsin and Illinois ONCE this year.

That's a pretty good break for the Gophers in my opinion.

Oh we are for real alright.

We only have to play Wisconsin and Illinois ONCE this year.

That's a pretty good break for the Gophers in my opinion.

I'd rather play Wisconsin twice, we will win in Madison, and we would have kicked their asses at home if we were given the opportunity.

I too wish we had Wisconsin twice. Love to see Bo melt down. I think we could be too physical for them and win that game on the road. But you are right, then we have MSU on the road, and games against Purdue and OSU....tough schedule to start the big ten season.

Kind of a quirky shame that wisky plays us once and Iowa only once. Seems odd. Then again, their basketball rivalries with MSU and Illinois of late are far more meaningful than the Iowa games.

Just an observation.

We play Wisconsin on Dec. 28. Just in time for someone to post the Bo - Grinch look a like pictures. Classic!

Top Bottom