Coaching Decisions

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
Tubby's decision to put Nolen on Mitchell half way thru the 1st Half was vital...and obvious. I don't recall Mitchell scoring on him and the rest of points seem to come from fast break opps or offensive rebounds. Huggie held on to the 1-3-1 zone until late and was very effective. One could argue he should've applied it much, much earlier.

After a rough possession or two, they destroyed that zone to end the game.

Tubby's decision to put Nolen on Mitchell half way thru the 1st Half was vital...and obvious. I don't recall Mitchell scoring on him and the rest of points seem to come from fast break opps or offensive rebounds. Huggie held on to the 1-3-1 zone until late and was very effective. One could argue he should've applied it much, much earlier.

Huggs HATES to play zone defense. He's a man-2-man defensive coach.

It was brutal, but the Hoff 3 and the Blake to Trevor ending was right out of a timeout. Huggs got out-coached.

I agree that the decision to move Al to Mitchell may have been the best coaching decision of the game.

I agree that the decision to move Al to Mitchell may have been the best coaching decision of the game.

And the one to leave Colt in with 4 fouls with about 4 minutes left was a good one too. I was waiting for Sampson to come in, and he never did...

Yeah, that was a great play for Blake in the corner. He was floating around up top for 10 sec. or so like he had been for most of the previous possessions against the zone. All of a sudden I saw him cut across to the corner while the rest of the offense shifted up, leaving one less defender than offensive player on that side. I was on my feet in my living room before the ball was even passed and definitely frightened the upstairs neighbors when Blake drilled it.

Top Bottom