This win is every bit as significant as the UNC win!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This was a big big win, against a very hard-nosed, tough minded and well-coached team. We faced a very talented guard, and our bigs had foul trouble all night, yet we got the big stops and shots when we needed them most.

Chip gave us some HUGE minutes down the stretch and almost everyone that played this weekend has something very positive to build off of.

We should be very proud of this weekend!!

Go Gophers!!

It depends. The NC still has more cache with the media and casual fans, which is important. Purely from a basketball position, this is a bigger win. Right now WVU is better the NC. It's great to have both wins!

Great game. Coming down to the finish I was confident the Gophs would win. They were the better team. I am going to enjoywatching the replay of this.

IT'S TIME FOR A BEER!!! Great tournament with 3 signature wins. Congrats to Tubby and OUR Gophers.

Great weekend for the Gophers, a year ago they easily would have lost both of the last 2 games. They seem much more confident closing games this year.

I have a feeling WVU will be higher ranked than UNC come the end of the season.

Athletic team, star player, legendary coach, coming off a Final 4. This win is solid!

I agree. The WV win is big. The win over UNC doesn't look as good after UNC lost again today to Vanderbilt.

It depends. The NC still has more cache with the media and casual fans, which is important. Purely from a basketball position, this is a bigger win. Right now WVU is better the NC. It's great to have both wins!

Considering the team WVU beat to get into the championship game beat NC, I think the win today is better as well.

I have a feeling WVU will be higher ranked than UNC come the end of the season.

I agree, I thought they were a much better team (at this point in the season). Keep in mind, this was a Final 4 team...they don't have the "UNC" name as howeda said, but as a fan, this really showed me more of what this team was made of, and is capable of.

Feels great. Last year at this time we were victorious against Butler (which ended up being quite an important victory) but then laid an egg againts Portland and then Texas A&M. Huge weekend for the Gophers. Takes the sting away from the Vikings loss.

Feels great. Last year at this time we were victorious against Butler (which ended up being quite an important victory) but then laid an egg againts Portland and then Texas A&M. Huge weekend for the Gophers. Takes the sting away from the Vikings loss.

XMan: Vikings? Do not use such vulgarity on this Board!!! :)

Top Bottom