UNC vs Vandy

bruster

Reaction score
Cheering for UNC in this game, although they're not looking too good again

NC is athletic but really young. Lots of mistakes. They had several chances to take it hard to the hoop and they pull up. They need someone like Trevor.

My worst fear is that UNC actually sucks. Winning (or playing well) against WVU would alleviate that.

Roy

Vandy by 10.

Air ball free throw. Don't see that very often.

Maybe Roy should have some Vandy fans ejected. :D

I hate to pull for NC but I am in this case.

Vandy is shooting well and UNC is killing themselves with the tunrovers. I hope the Heels can come back in the second half or it will cheapen our win from Friday.

Vandy is shooting well and UNC is killing themselves with the tunrovers. I hope the Heels can come back in the second half or it will cheapen our win from Friday.

I don't think it will cheapen our win...Vandy is a good team

You could do a lot worse than Stallings as your Head Coach. I really like his demeanor on the sidelines.

Really, Roy? A timeout with one second left down seven...really?

UNC loses, 72-65. Ouch. At least Wofford is winning.

I guess the good news is that UNC is losing these games because they are making young mistakes --- that should be less of a factor later in the season and their athleticism and talent should start to take over.

By the end of the year UNC will likely look much better (and that is when the momentum and eyeball tests have their highest value).

Bottom line: even if UNC is not the typical UNC, our win over them will still look very good come selection sunday.

I guess the good news is that UNC is losing these games because they are making young mistakes --- that should be less of a factor later in the season and their athleticism and talent should start to take over.

By the end of the year UNC will likely look much better (and that is when the momentum and eyeball tests have their highest value).

Bottom line: even if UNC is not the typical UNC, our win over them will still look very good come selection sunday.

Boy, I wouldn't be so sure. I don't think they're ever going to be a legit top-10 team this year. Prepare yourself for the worst: UNC could once again be an NIT team. So the Gophs have to go out and win tonight against WVU to assure themselves of coming out with a quality W from the PR tourney.

I don't know what the pollster clowns were doing with UNC anywhere near the top 10 in the preseason. That's a tourney team, but not much more than that.

I don't get the Barnes hype.

Barnes looks to me like he really wants to, and is the player who can, take over every game. However, he looks very indecisive, hesitant, and unsure of what to do. He can't decide when to shoot, when to drive, when to dish, etc. I think he will get there with experience, I believe he has the skills to do it, but just needs to figure out the system (if it is even right for him) and know when is the right time and wrong time to do things, read defense, etc.

In high school I'm sure every time down the court he did what he wanted to do and the team revolved around him.

Barnes looks to me like he really wants to, and is the player who can, take over every game. However, he looks very indecisive, hesitant, and unsure of what to do. He can't decide when to shoot, when to drive, when to dish, etc. I think he will get there with experience, I believe he has the skills to do it, but just needs to figure out the system (if it is even right for him) and know when is the right time and wrong time to do things, read defense, etc.

In high school I'm sure every time down the court he did what he wanted to do and the team revolved around him.

Yeah, I agree. Let's give him some time, he's only, what, 18 right now? I'm sure by the end of the season he'll have the confidence and skills to be a beast of a player.

Top Bottom