The rotation, etc

MaroonGopher

Banned
Reaction score
It looks like there is a go-to combination of players emerging in the early season, and it doesn't involve Maverick or Mo Walker. I don't remember Mav playing any minutes in the second half of the WKU and UNC games and Walker came only because of foul trouble and proceeded to chuck what is becoming an infamous 3-pointer from the top of the key.

The mix of Al, Blake, Williams, Trevor and Sampson seems to be the most dynamic. Colton clearly struggles on the offensive end, but I love his defensive intelligence. Hollins is looking sharp and so is Chip (except against UNC). Tubby isn't forcing any line-up either, quickly to yanking non-productive players. When the Gophers had the mess of freshman on the floor with Colton down low in the first half against NC, I cringed. Who was going to score?

As for Devoe, I think he’ll take minutes mainly from Chip and Hollins (obviously), but I don’t think the two freshman will be completely forgotten by any means.

Also, the Sampson-Iverson combo is looking decent once again this season. I liked seeing Colt standing his ground against Zeller on the blocks.

It looks like there is a go-to combination of players emerging in the early season, and it doesn't involve Maverick or Mo Walker. I don't remember Mav playing any minutes in the second half of the WKU and UNC games and Walker came only because of foul trouble and proceeded to chuck what is becoming an infamous 3-pointer from the top of the key.

The mix of Al, Blake, Williams, Trevor and Sampson seems to be the most dynamic. Colton clearly struggles on the offensive end, but I love his defensive intelligence. Hollins is looking sharp and so is Chip (except against UNC). Tubby isn't forcing any line-up either, quickly to yanking non-productive players. When the Gophers had the mess of freshman on the floor with Colton down low in the first half against NC, I cringed. Who was going to score?

As for Devoe, I think he’ll take minutes mainly from Chip and Hollins (obviously), but I don’t think the two freshman will be completely forgotten by any means.

Also, the Sampson-Iverson combo is looking decent once again this season. I liked seeing Colt standing his ground against Zeller on the blocks.

I think Devoe will be taking miniutes from Al and Blake also. I don't think Tubby wants them playing 35-38 miniutes.

It looks like there is a go-to combination of players emerging in the early season, and it doesn't involve Maverick or Mo Walker...... Walker came only because of foul trouble and proceeded to chuck what is becoming an infamous 3-pointer from the top of the key.

Disagree with this part.

Walker played a horrible 90 seconds early in the NC game ("Get these 5 guys off the floor now!"). And he launched an utterly stupid 3 pointer six seconds into the shot clock late in the game.

However, his final line was:

13 minutes
4 rebounds
5 points (2-4 FG, 1-2 FT)
1 steal
1 assist
0 TO

He also played some good defense. Mo will be in the mix this year for sure, if he can keep that up.

Mo gave us some good minutes when he was needed. He will help alot when we need some bulk in the paint or if Ralph / Colt have foul trouble. Love what I am seeing so far.

I agree with Jake and Xman...Mo is as good as I could expect for C/F frosh. He has very nice hands for a mountain and nice touch around the rim. If he can manage his weight and improve his conditioning, he's going to be fun to watch the next 4 years. No more 3's, Big Mo, unless Tubby calls your name! :)

Top Bottom