If MN wins tonight

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
Where do you think they will be ranked?

Top 15?

I would guess between 15-20 with a win and 22-25 with a loss..

Thoughts?

Somewhere 15-20 I think.

Though I'd love to see a #12-14 ranking, I doubt we'll get that after being unranked. You don't see many teams pop into the Top 15 like that after being unranked the week before.

Where do you think they will be ranked?

Top 15?

I would guess between 15-20 with a win and 22-25 with a loss..

Thoughts?

badgerman: If we win tonight, we will be 5-0 and ranked. I am ranked because I am really rank! :)

I think you're right on. Top 20 with win, top 25 with a loss. Gotta play a solid game either way.

Any chance Mo shoots another 3 tonight? :D

badgerman: If we win tonight, we will be 5-0 and ranked. I am ranked because I am really rank! :)
Dr. Don, I love you. However, I have to ask, are you drunk, or at least buzzed 24/7?

I can just see you sitting up there in Northern MN, kicking back, pounding them down, punching away at that keyboard, and I LOL. I love it.

Dr. Don, I love you. However, I have to ask, are you drunk, or at least buzzed 24/7?

I can just see you sitting up there in Northern MN, kicking back, pounding them down, punching away at that keyboard, and I LOL. I love it.

Nope, GoldyLove. Caffeine in my coffee makes me hyper (wish I had some kahluha (sp) to add to it). No beer for the old Doc until Game Time tonight. Then join us in the GH Game Chat for lots of fun during the game , like we did Friday night.

In addition, the WalMart parking lot is quiet today due to freezing drizzle and slippery roads, so wallet purchases are down.

GO GOPHERS!!!

p.s. remember the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic...Us drunks do not have to attend all those damned old meetings. :)

Doesn't really matter...it's only the first week of ball. Bottom line we got the big win vs. NC

Dr. Don

Wow

Dr. Don gets crazy on the caffeine and the beer. I would love to see how you would be after a few Yag Bombs.

My guess is 18-20 with a win, 25 with a close loss. Perhaps snubbed if we struggle and get beat badly.

I think Doc has a year's supply of Four Loco!

Anyway, I would expect to see us in the 17-23 range

I think a lot depends on how #15-25 faired this last week (which I haven't looked at). Also it's important how Carolina does today against Vanderbilt. If UNC roles Vandy it may bump us up a few spots. If it's close or Vandy wins our victory of UNC doesn't mean as much (at this point). However I would guess a win puts us 20-23 and a loss keeps us out of the rankings.

Somewhere 15-20 I think.

Though I'd love to see a #12-14 ranking, I doubt we'll get that after being unranked. You don't see many teams pop into the Top 15 like that after being unranked the week before.

Yes but we would be 5-0 with wins over two top ten ranked teams and us being unranked was barely as we actually were like 27th in the polls. I will go with ranked 15th with the win. 24th with a respectable loss and out of the rankings if we get crushed.

Yes but we would be 5-0 with wins over two top ten ranked teams and us being unranked was barely as we actually were like 27th in the polls. I will go with ranked 15th with the win. 24th with a respectable loss and out of the rankings if we get crushed.

West Virginia is unranked. So we'd only have 1 win over a ranked team and it is questionable if they should have been anywhere NEAR the top ten (IMO of course).

Who is the 2nd top ten ranked team? WVU isn't even ranked right now, much less in the Top 10?

I thought I read that they were ranked #10. I must have mixed something up. They should be ranked higher that is for sure. Now let's kick their ass and keep them unranked.

with a win prob around #20. Keep in mind we don't know how good UNC or West Virginia is. The most important thing tho is we would get two resume wins on a neutral court.

I thought I read that they were ranked #10. I must have mixed something up. They should be ranked higher that is for sure. Now let's kick their ass and keep them unranked.

They are ranked #2 in Sagarin's computer poll. Although his poll is still connected meaning they have not played enough games to get a good ranking, so he takes into account initial rankings which are a complete guess. Both West Virginia and Minnesota will be ranked tomorrow unless one loses by 20 or more...

Doesn't really matter...it's only the first week of ball. Bottom line we got the big win vs. NC

I agree completely. As long as we keep playing well, we will eventually get noticed. It only matters in that # of weeks ranked matters in March, but it awfully hard to stressed about that in November!

Top Bottom