Top 5 MN Teams you root for

Slim Tubby

Reaction score
Name the Top 5 MN teams that you cheer for in order of your personal preference:

1. Gopher Men's Hoops
2. Gopher Men's Hockey
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Gopher Football
5. Minnesota Twins

Gopher football
Vikings
Gopher basketball
Timberwolves
Twins

The reality is I really only follow basketball and football and football is my first love. I follow where the Twins are in the standings but I find baseball to be suicide inducing levels of boring and I haven't cared about hockey since the North Stars left town when I was little

1. Gopher Men's Hoops
2. Minnesota Twins
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Gopher Football
5. Gopher Wrestling
If I could see Minnesota Gopher hockey games I would cheer for them. Hard to find the scores and much on the games.

1. Twins
2. Gopher BB
3. Vikings
4. Gopher FB
5. Gopher Hockey

Lynx?? you're not being sarcastic are you? Anyway, my top five:
1. Twins
2. Gopher bball
3. Vikings
4. Gopher football
5. Timberwolves

1. Gopher hoops
2. Twins
3. Gopher football
4. Vikings
5. Gopher hockey
6. Against the Badgers.

1. Twins (obsession since childhood)
2. Gopher basketball (love it!)
3. Gopher football (constant heartbreak)
4. Vikings (constant under-achievement)
5. tie Gopher hockey/Wild (really don't know the sport that well)

1. Gopher Basketball
2. Vikings
3. Gopher Football
4. Twins
5. Wolves

1. Gopher BB (far and away, and I'm a MN sports fan)
2. Twins
3. Gopher FB
4. Vikings
5. T-Wolves (somewhat by default, not a hockey guy, but the Love/Beasley tandem has sparked some long dormant interest)

1. Gopher Football (hence the persecution complex I suffer)
2. Gopher Hockey ( hence the identity crisis)
3. Gopher Hoops (hence the amnesia: 1997?)
4. Twins Baseball (I married a New Yorker: I never win an argument either)
5. Vikings Football (*sigh*)

Twins
Gopher FB
Wild
Vikings
Gopher Hky

Close sixth: Gopher BB

This list was extremely difficult and stressful to make. To be honest it might be different in a half hour. It wound up being an assessment of the amount of actual productivity in this world lost because I am too busy obsessing over that team.

1. Gopher Football
2. Gopher Basketball
3. Twins
4. Vikings
5. Timberwolves

1.Gophs BB
2.Twins
3.Gophs FB
4. My Fantasy FB team
5. T Wolves

1. Gopher FB
2. Vikings
3. Gopher BB
4. Gopher Hockey
5. Gopher Wrestling

1. Gopher basketball
2. Gopher football
3. Twins
4. Timberwolves
5. Wild

Gopher basketball is exciting to watch because the team is actually good, there is never a game with them where I say "we have no chance." They can't be counted out of anything, and I'm really pumped watch them play West Virginia tomorrow (or later today I guess). Gopher football I've been a fan of since 2007, Brew's first year, and I've put up with enough of that in my four years as a fan, and yet I still watch every game, as I'm a more hardcore fan of Gopher sports than the professional teams. The Twins I watched in the playoffs, as I'm not exactly a die hard fan of them. The Timberwolves were my favorite team when I was younger, back when they had Kevin Garnett, Wally Szczerbiak, Sam Mitchell, up until around the time when they got Latrell Spreewell, and actually made a decent run in the playoffs iirc, and were a decent team. Then they traded the whole team to Boston and I lost interest. The Wild I just put there as a fifth team, I pay no attention to the Wild, but I'm not a Vikings fan.

1. Vikings
2. Twins
3.Gophers BB
4 Gophers Football
5.T puppies

1. Gopher Hockey
2. Gopher Football

Big Gap

3. Vikings
4. Gopher Basketball
5. Twins
6. Wild

1,000,000. Wolves

Twins
Gopher Hoops
Gopher Football

I don't really have an NFL team. I lost interest in the Vikings after they lost to Atlanta in NFC title game. I've been a fan of the Lakers longer than the Wolves have existed. Never been a hockey fan so the Wild and Gophers do nothing for me.

1. Minnesota Twins
2. Gopher Basketball
3. Gopher Football
4. Minnesota High School Sports
5. Minnesota Vikings

It's amazing how difficult a list like this can actually be to make. I would put 1-3 on an even par, with #4 being a passion based on my profession, and #5 by default. Gopher Hockey is probably right there with the Vikings (something I do because it's there, but I really don't follow it very well, other than for fantasy football purposes), closely followed by Vanderbilt athletics. Why? I don't know either...it's just a thing.

Gopher men's basketball
My favorite high school boys basketball team
State boys high school basketball tournament games
Twins
State girls high school basketball tournament games

Second 5--Vikings, Gopher men's ice hockey, Gopher women's basketball, Timberwolves; Gopher football, women's ice hockey and Gopher volleyball (tie)

Composite based on 5-4-3-2-1

1. Gopher men's BB--would hope so, this is a Gopher men's BB forum

2. Twins
3. Gopher FB
4. Vikings
5. Gopher men's hockey
6. Timberwolves
7. Wild
8. MN HS sports including BB
9T. Gopher wrestling, Lynx, LA Lakers, MN HS sports

It's funny that we are asking this question. A few years ago I asked my most knowledgeable sports friend what he thinks I like the most as far as MN sports go...he responded...

1a. MN hoops
1b. Vikings
2a. MN football
2b. Twins
2c.Wolves.

3. Wild

I was born into a family that cares a great deal about mn sports. My grandpa played gopher hoops. My dad was a sportscaster here for 18 years. I am bred to love our teams. It is so hard for me to pic one over the other. Unfortunately they are all ruining my life. But i still love them for it.

Beat WVU.

1. Gopher Football
2. UMD Hockey
3. Gopher Basketball
4. Twins
5. Gopher Dance Team ( 1 World Championship and 4 National Championships)

1. Gopher football
2. Gopher basketball
3. Gopher hockey
4. Gopher baseball
5. Gopher anonymous other non-profiting sport of the season

Don't follow any of the pro teams; I picked up the Packers from my mom, the Blue Jackets from living in Columbus, and the Red Sox and Celtics from living in Boston.

Gopher Football (Yes I said it so everyone could hear me)
Gopher Hockey
Gopher Basketball
Twins
Gopher Baseball

1. Gopher Hockey
2. Twins
3. Gopher Basketball
4. Gopher Football
5. This spot is reserved for the Vikings, T-Wolves and Wild...I follow all of these teams when they are playing well. My love for them isn't strong enough to get through the bad times, so I can't differentiate between them

Top Bottom