Found This Googling Today

Holy Jesus Martha some columnists just blow smoke out their arses to sound off when in actuality they show that their prognostications are all as accurate as mine. Go Gophers!!!

http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/tubby-smiths-on-thin-ice-in-minnesota/ Article written by a goofball with comment(s) by an even bigger goofball (aka The Professor).

TP is Professor Richard Cheeks BTW.

Correcting the Professor, who alleged TheProfessor - May 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM
As one who wanted Tubby Smith out of Kentucky for a variety of reasons, I can say that the player exodus is not new, it is typical of this man’s basketball programs. At UK, 17 of his 37 recruits left UK
incorrectly:

Tubby signed 40 (not 37) recruits at UK. Just 10 (not 17) of those transferred from UK during his tenure. The Professor is lying. I think you know the rest of the story. Why lie?

It may be that what Souhan should do is; Not consider Tubby or the Gopher bb program as existing in his world while the rest of us get to enjoy this journey. He can spare us his misgivings and keep his gloom (and bad judgement) to himself.

Only an outsider who had done zero research would think that any of those players leaving was Tubby's fault. Royce White? The guy was a clown, I don't think he even knows why he transfered. Paul Carter? Moving closer to home so he could be with his sister with cancer. That's a sure sign of a bad coach. A good coach would have made sure that he had his priorities straight, basketball then family. Are you kidding me? And Cobbs because he wasn't going to get any playing time. None of those transfers were the result of poor coaching or leadership.

Good lord. NBC says Tubby's on ice because Jim Souhan says so?:clap:

Newsflash to whoever wrote the NBC article: Jim Souhan knows less about college basketball or the inter-workings at the U then most people on this message board. See his pathetic rant about the Xavier coach calling him out as evidence.

Souhan was a solid Twins beat writer. When he writes about the Twins now, it's usually good. He can manage on the Vikings. He knows squat about any Gopher sports and usually looks like a moron when he tries to pretend.

And FWIW, the Jimmy Williams thing was far more on Maturi then it was on Tubby.

Top Bottom