My only disappointment from last night's game

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
As I was following the game via yahoo and espn's play by play, I kept seeing H. Barnes stuck on zero field goals while the attempts continued to climb into double digits. I was hoping that the goose-egg would be accompanied by the number of attempts matching the floor number hotels choose to skip.

0-13; it would have been magical, a sports number rarely seen, but that resonates with any Minnesota Twins fan who came of age with the team back in 1982 when Terry Felton set a record for most losses in a season without a win.

Alas, the ESPN box score tells me this morning that Barnes finished 0-12 from the field; probably best for Mr. Barnes, who seems to a young man that will do great things, with or without a basketball in his hands. 0-12 doesn't match the ignominy of 0-13, which is akin to a yoke around an ox's neck.

Still, it makes my heart a little sad that we just missed connecting one of the more embarrassing numbers in MN sports history with a number that I imagine will grow in legend as Barnes matures and takes his talents to the NBA.

The goose egg serves the guy right for spurning the Gophers!!!

Seriously, from the TV it was hard to tell whether his awful night was due more to great d by the good guys or just an off night shooting. He did not get a lot of good looks in the first half and the TV guys kept mentioning that he was "forcing it." Stars get to do that, though.

The goose egg serves the guy right for spurning the Gophers!!!

Seriously, from the TV it was hard to tell whether his awful night was due more to great d by the good guys or just an off night shooting. He did not get a lot of good looks in the first half and the TV guys kept mentioning that he was "forcing it." Stars get to do that, though.

Last night Barnes looked like a freshman. A little humility will only make him better and he will go on to do great things.

A little humility will only make him better and he will go on to do great things.

If being humbled makes you better, I have a lot of hope for the Gopher Football program.

Didn't disappoint me. He could have scored 20 as long as we won! :)

>>My only disappointment from last night's game...<<

I wish former Gopher players could have been in the crowd to enjoy the rare treat of humbling the pompous UNC program.

Free throws, free throws and free throws. My only disappointment. Either way, great win.

GO GOPHERS!

My only disappointment from last night's game

My only disappointment from last night's game was the fact that I was having so much fun in the Chat Room, watching the game on the internet, and was so involved I could not even drink much beer until the game was in hand. After the game, there was absolutely NO disappointment, trust me. Go Gophers!!!!

Top Bottom