Wasn't that Mo Walker 3 point attempt a beaut?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
I laughed when I saw Tubby turn his head in pain after Mo threw up that 3 early in the shot clock with the game waning. I turned to my son and said that was on Tubby for having a true frosh on the court with 4 minutes remaining against the #8 team in the country...

I will say this though, Mo wasn't afraid to put it up. That takes ballz...

I laughed when I saw Tubby turn his head in pain after Mo threw up that 3 early in the shot clock with the game waning. I turned to my son and said that was on Tubby for having a true frosh on the court with 4 minutes remaining against the #8 team in the country...

I will say this though, Mo wasn't afraid to put it up. That takes ballz...

With all honesty, he was wide open, and probably hits a good portion of those unguarded 3's during practice. Add onto that that the Gophers had been on a good streak from 3-range, and it's almost hard to blame him for it, except that it was so early in the shot clock.

Like you said, I did not understand why Mo was in the game at that point with both Colton and Ralph on the bench. Mo took a freshman shot. For all we know, someone on the team may have told him to "take the shot".

With all honesty, he was wide open, and probably hits a good portion of those unguarded 3's during practice. Add onto that that the Gophers had been on a good streak from 3-range, and it's almost hard to blame him for it, except that it was so early in the shot clock.

Like you said, I did not understand why Mo was in the game at that point with both Colton and Ralph on the bench. Mo took a freshman shot. For all we know, someone on the team may have told him to "take the shot".

They both had 4 fouls and Tubby was saving them for the last couple minutes and they both fouled out.

Some other posters said he could hit about 40% in HS. Didn't come close on the attempt tonight. Did a nice job other than that one shot.

Dumbest shot I have seen in a while. When he took it was the worst part about it.

Dumbest shot I have seen in a while. When he took it was the worst part about it.

It's pretty obvious that most people think that big guys cannot shoot at all from the outside. It's one of basketball's most common stereotypes, and one that is probably fairly wrong.

As soon as he took that shot, I turned off the TV, mumbled something like "they're gonna lose" and went to bed. Thanks Mo, got a long, good nights sleep thanks to you. Feeling refreshed.

It was a terrible shot, but I imagine he'll be the kind of player with some touch in the future years.

Other than that shot though, Mo played a heck of a ball game. I will say for a guy who isn't in the best shape, Mo really does get after it. Not a bad 4th big man.

Iverson was already sitting in front of the scorer's table when Walker took that shot. We can all laugh about it now. It was a good learning experience for my 7th grade basketball playing son. Both in terms of shot selection under unique game situations, the harm of stepping out beyond one's role on a team, and hearing your old man drop the f-bomb for the first time.

Best pic from the game:
kTkip.png

Mo was wide open! What else was he suppose to do?

I give the kid some credit....he took a stupid shot, but instead of hanging his head, he got back on D and took a charge on Zeller which would have fouled him out. Instead, the ref made a terrible call and gave UNC a chance at a 3 point play. Mo's just a baby....imagine him in a couple of years after thousands of Tubby's practices.

Had to listen on the radio last night. The were complaining on WCCO about two blocks that were called on Mo. Were both pretty bad calls?

It wasn't the best shot, but Mo made a strong contribution to the Gopher win last night. He filled in well when the Gopher bigs were in foul trouble and held his own. As stated above, he had good position on two charge plays that went against him, both questionable. I have a hunch Mo will make a few threes in his career at MN. I think we had the same reaction when Ralph launched a three pointer two years ago.

Had to listen on the radio last night. The were complaining on WCCO about two blocks that were called on Mo. Were both pretty bad calls?

It is possible that the officials are not only using "feet set" as a criteria for established position. They may be considering that Mo's mass doesn't settle in over his hips for a while so they think he's still moving when he's just waiting for it all to catch up and settle down? :rolleyes:

BAD BAD -- Shame on me :mad:

IMO, the block immediately after his 3 attempt was a bad call, but...

the refs in both games have called a lot of ticky-tack stuff which has worked against our particular players and style of play. I wish they had big ten refs down there.

That's the first time I've ever written that statement in my life....

I love how this game played out. Zellar started strong on D but picked up early fouls and had to lay back. Ralph played strong and picked up fouls. Colton came in and played strong and picked up fouls. No worries Tubby puts in Big Mo and he played strong and picked up fouls. There is something to be said for having 15 fouls to give at the center position. Before the game someone posted about the team having 3.5 bigs. I think Big Mo has graduated into big #4.

I love how this game played out. Zellar started strong on D but picked up early fouls and had to lay back. Ralph played strong and picked up fouls. Colton came in and played strong and picked up fouls. No worries Tubby puts in Big Mo and he played strong and picked up fouls. There is something to be said for having 15 fouls to give at the center position. Before the game someone posted about the team having 3.5 bigs. I think Big Mo has graduated into big #4.

Roy, I graduated into a big #4 beer well into the game, and earned a Masters' Degree after the game.

Well, I sure like Mo's three point shots tonight!

Top Bottom