Roy Williams: "We lost our composure...they whacked us...we did all the backpedaling"

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
Roy Williams: "We lost our composure...they whacked us...we did all the backpedaling"

I can't believe how good it feels to read this; stated by Roy Williams no less.

After seeing us get tossed around by the likes of Michigan State, Ohio State, Texas, etc. in big games the past 5-7 years, coming out tonight hungry, knocking the NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS in the mouth, and having their Hall of Fame coach say that we were the more aggressive team from the start is amazing.

Our guys showed a level of toughness I haven't seen by a U of MN team in years, and I couldn't be more proud of them.

This game reminded me of the MSU game in the BTT quarters earlier this year. We played hard all game and hung right in. No fear or intimidation. NC probably underestimated us and we were prepared for their style. That's why I love our team under Tubby - we're like Rocky - you can knock us down but you can't knock us out. For the most part. Especially when you shoot like UNC did.....

Under Tubby gophers have always been a tough beat. They rarely have laid down and usually plays team like Mich St. etc, extremely well.
I think we are finally starting to see a team that is very well coached, mentally tough and TALENTED. This is easily Tubby's best squad. We a no joke this year. Watch out Bigten.

Under Tubby gophers have always been a tough beat. They rarely have laid down and usually plays team like Mich St. etc, extremely well.
I think we are finally starting to see a team that is very well coached, mentally tough and TALENTED. This is easily Tubby's best squad. We a no joke this year. Watch out Bigten.

I don't know about "watch out Big Ten", but I certainly see potential to be a top-3 team if we stop having players do things to get suspended. IMO our bench is not as deep as the past two years - too many players who are too young and inexperienced. This team is not anywhere near as good as the 1996-1997 team, but could be a Sweet 16-type without anymore setbacks.

Hoffarber and Joseph's shooting will make or break this team, as the inside play should be tough with RSIII, Colton, and Mbakwe making a fearsome three, and Mo giving some decent breather minutes. I'd like to see more in Rodney's offensive game. It's hard to tell if he pushes too hard during the game to make things happen or if he just doesn't have "it" to make himself a stud player. If Rodney can be a 10-12 ppg scorer this year, then I say "look out Big Ten." But I don't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong!

I don't know about "watch out Big Ten", but I certainly see potential to be a top-3 team if we stop having players do things to get suspended. IMO our bench is not as deep as the past two years - too many players who are too young and inexperienced. This team is not anywhere near as good as the 1996-1997 team, but could be a Sweet 16-type without anymore setbacks.

Hoffarber and Joseph's shooting will make or break this team, as the inside play should be tough with RSIII, Colton, and Mbakwe making a fearsome three, and Mo giving some decent breather minutes. I'd like to see more in Rodney's offensive game. It's hard to tell if he pushes too hard during the game to make things happen or if he just doesn't have "it" to make himself a stud player. If Rodney can be a 10-12 ppg scorer this year, then I say "look out Big Ten." But I don't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong!

That is basically what I am saying. I am not naive enough to think that we are now a shoe in for a BigTen title. Basically, what I am thinking is we have the look of a top 4 team in the conference and one that the oposing squad will have to bring it in order to beat us.

Top Bottom